What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ

Giga Poster
A mosque woulda been the BOMB <3.

Yeah, the church is the only thing I like about this ride.

The back of the wing really pisses me off, it looks half finished and gross. The back of the plane hasn't been TOUCHED and looked like it's been perfectly placed on the ground, not crash landed.

The station is all I am impressed with.

A mosque may have been a little elaborate and I like seeing a smashed up church. Divine war or whatever. From what I can tell, this would feel a little like riding griffons outer seats.

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Gazza said:
Why did they opt for a Church instead of a Mosque or Synagogue?

Because it's politically incorrect to involve a non-christian place of worship ;)

Also, the whole Revelations Apocalypse thing makes great themeing.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
:--D
AJ said:
The back of the wing really pisses me off, it looks half finished and gross. The back of the plane hasn't been TOUCHED and looked like it's been perfectly placed on the ground, not crash landed.

The fact that you see nothing between the wing/center fuselage and the tail assembly speaks volumes to me about the impact of the crash. A "lot" of plane crashes have an intact tail assembly left over. (Lot is figurative, usually either the whole plane is vaporized or intact, with only relatively few instances in between...)

As for why a church instead of a mosque or synagogue?

To offend the most people, of course!

Well my father was an engineer for BaE systems for years, his reasoning is that on an aircraft there are two high structurally integral points, front and rear, they both taper and have little weight stress, no passengers, wings laden with fuel etc, so in a crash situation, these are usually the only two areas of a fuselage left.

ry1996

Mega Poster
Things are looking phenomenal on here !, love the theming. The back of that plane wing still looks very horrible though. I can see the bridge coming on over there.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

I am loving this! Looks fantastic, and I really like that the ride op box is being themed as an upturned truck smashed through the ceiling!

Very excited to ride in [whenever it opens] :-D

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's been a month or so since I last bothered looking at the construction of this and **** me, it's looking great.

Nic

Strata Poster
Gazza said:
PC stuff aside, as I understand it, the ride is supposed to be set during the apocalypse in a typical English village. Therefore it's much more realistic to have a Church as opposed to Mosque or a Synagogue, for example.

Oh, and, PMSL at Ed's picture

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Gazza said:
Because there aren't many of those in country villages in the UK... Which is the theme.

And they don't convey they whole "end of the world!" image as well. That is afterall the only reason they used a holy building in the first place, it's connotations.

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster
The station is looking great and so is the theming. All this PC nonsense does my head in all the time ...... BTW does anyone know if annual pass holders can go on the opening day, you dont have to buy a ticket or reserve a place or something ???

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nope, I don't see a train... or any mention of one being on site...

You link pictures by copying the image location, and pasting it between the image tags

the king

Mega Poster
I don't think that is the train, as the cover is down. And if that is it we couldn't see much, as it's just a blob of black in a picture. But yes the trains have most likely arrived.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
I hope you didn't mean this...

zf6dv.jpg

(Sorry about this picture, quick screenshot!)

Anyway, it's far too thin to be a wingrider train and to be honest it looks more like a track cover!

Alternatively you could use http://imgur.com, which is free and for anyone to upload!

Status
Not open for further replies.