What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

CF Legend
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

the 'Thorpe Park inversion', scraping bottom of the barrel again...

Ollie

CF Legend

Haha what a load of crap. :p
If they weren't bothered that the other coaster has similar inversions then they wouldn't bring it up. So it's all **** to try and steal a bit of the limelight. :p

Ethan

Strata Poster

I wasted a minute of my life reading that! :D
I look forward to vertical construction, because at the moment there's nothing to talk about.

Kebab

Giga Poster

Thats silly, did Six Flags bitch about Thorpe Park when they built Stealth? Heavy competition between these Wing-Riders, hopefully Thorpe will really kick thereselves into gear and try to be the best, so it might actually come out to be a really good attempt!

Beans

Hyper Poster

Enigma Shadow said:
Bloody enthusiasts, never impressed... :disgust: Just be thankful the UK is getting a decent, big thrill coaster instead of the pants family and kiddy ones we always seem to get.

Can't wait to see this baby going vertical and ready for display on Fright Nights.

I echo this comment, I haven't posted much in this section apart from photos but the **** flying about is really annoying and as I know the park read the forums I think it will make them bitter to think nobody apprieciates the fact they are putting a new coaster up at all and a B & M at that, just be thankful and look forward to 2012 and riding Swarm...enough said or else I will really let loose.....

jordypordy11

Mega Poster

Enigma Shadow said:
jordypordy11 said:
but i still agree, after seeing the layout of the 2 other wing riders in america, this layout is a tad dull :(

Bloody enthusiasts, never impressed... :disgust: Just be thankful the UK is getting a decent, big thrill coaster instead of the pants family and kiddy ones we always seem to get.

Can't wait to see this baby going vertical and ready for display on Fright Nights.

yeah, i do agree, it is amazing that england is getting one of these, but you cant take your mind of the fact
theres better out there.....(or going to be :? :x ) i suppose with stealth tho, i never really think that theres the dragster out there.. ill get over it :)

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

It's all very well that the Uk has not just beaten SF by height but by originality (which is great) but when Dolly's wingrider is built then it will completely blow swarm out of the water!!

EDIT:Well, in terms of height...

There must be other coasters with a similar first drop...

the king

Mega Poster

I'm just grateful that the UK is getting a B&M, with theming that is far better beyond anything we have seen so far. I also don't like it when peeps begin to be ungrateful, as been stated above. Wait until the coaster is complete and only then you can start saying your opinions on the ride.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

I'm not being ungrateful...

I'm overjoyed that TP are getting a great coaster, I was just saying that Dolly's will be FAR bigger in terms of height and speed!

Mark

Strata Poster

^^It works for both positive over-excited comments as well as negative, ungrateful ones too though, I personally dislike when people are instantly "wow this is going to be amazing" without riding it. The same happened with Saw. People banging on about how it was going to be absolutely astounding and blow us all away yadda yadda yadda. It didn't. The whole thing about having opinions works both ways which is something that also gets forgotten a lot.

Personally, I am very excited about the ride and look forward to. Having had the luxury of riding Raptor it gives me a rough idea of what the ride might be like. As I (and a few other CFers) said at the time. If it is anything like that, then it will be really great. Note the use of the word IF though. None of us can be truly sure whether it is going to be good or bad until it opens.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^Agreed. Raptor is truly great and that will be 19ft smaller than Swarm, it will also be shorter, slower and have less inversions. Although you won't get that feeling in your stomach that you do at the bottom of raptor's first drop it would be great if Swarm took the wingrider to another, greater level!

ry1996

Mega Poster

This is looking Great, Should be going vertical Very soon am i right ?

ry1996

Mega Poster

Tomorrow ? where did you get that from ? Hope its true what you are saying :)
where you get that info ?

Drawin

Roller Poster

the king said:
It has been confirmed that vertical construction has been arranged to begin this wednesday. I'm going on friday, so I should get some pics.

This rumour has also been spreading around other forums, 'hopefully' it is true. :)

the king

Mega Poster

I read it on a coaster website, I forgot which one, but it was confirmed by a person who is working on site of the swarm. Chances are, track in the station would go up first. I'm going to go on friday, so I will take some pics.

dominoes

Mega Poster

Yay! Vertical!
Anyway, about that letter. I pitied them until they said that drop was the "Thorpe Inversion"...

ry1996

Mega Poster

If it does go Vertical tomorrow Will anyone have pics of it on here or any other sites known of ?

Drawin

Roller Poster

the king said:
I read it on a coaster website, I forgot which one, but it was confirmed by a person who is working on site of the swarm. Chances are, track in the station would go up first. I'm going to go on friday, so I will take some pics.

ry1996 said:
If it does go Vertical tomorrow Will anyone have pics of it on here or any other sites known of ?

... You can wait right? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.