What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

comparing the plans to the pictures, it looks a different angle.

Trust me, it's not.

They're plans....they're exact drawings of the ride....

It looks steep because non of these pictures are taken directly perpendicular to the lift direction (like the plans are)

iblamefish

Roller Poster

jordypordy11 said:
It'll be interesting to see the steepness of the lift hill, comparing the plans to the pictures, it looks a different angle. Ahh well, let's wait and see, :)

Looks to be a similar angle to Oblivion and B&M's newer rides. Steep, but not insane :) I actually find 'blivvy's lift §hill quite relaxing ;)

ry1996

Mega Poster

Progress is happening really quick, i reckon that that lift hill WILL go up tommorow as that will probably be the builders first priority, also the pieces are on site for it and the crane is also beside that piece waiting.

jordypordy11

Mega Poster

Yeah, we all thought dollywood's Wild Eagle was steep, but yeah they won't of messed up the plan's.

I'd put my money on the lift hill this week, Exactly because of what ry1996 put.

ry1996

Mega Poster

^ I'll check that out. PS oh yeah looks better i'll explore more soon.

Also is anyone on park today who is going to get pics from today ? i heard a few people saying this ?

Beans

Hyper Poster

I am going Thursday and taking my 28-300mm lens, hopefully get some closer shots if the foliage allows, and probably the next Thursday as well....

Ethan

Strata Poster

I'm going on Saturday so i'll get pictures too! Hopefully not much would have happened so I have more precious ride time...

T0M

Hyper Poster

Do we think the chance of this having an IP attachment has now gone? Remember all the talk of the Gears of War link, would this be announced by now if it were the case (I did not follow Saw's construction)?

Josh73

Giga Poster

What is an IP attachement? (Sorry if this is a really stupid question)

spicy

Giga Poster
The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Intellectual Property I would guess.

This won't have a franchise like Saw it would have already been announced.

Looking forward to seeing more construction!

Ben

CF Legend

The Gears thing came up because someone thought the Locust in that are called the Swarm. They aren't, they were wrong. That was then linked to the red circle being a bit like the one in the Gears logo, and people made assumptions.

This isn't Gears themed. For one the themeing is all Earth, and Gears is set on Sera, another planet. Then the aliens aren't the "Swarm", they're Locust. Oh, and the thing on the trains is nothing... NOTHING like a Locust (from Gears. It's a bit like a real locust, so don't get confused here)

So, yeah, that's the only IP it has been linked to, the name doesn't suggest it, the theme doesn't suggest it, and one hasn't been announced. It's an original thought. How rare.

AJ

Giga Poster

The updated website and 'missing' wall are cool [I'm on it <3].
However, the developers diary being linked to a facebook page that you have to like? Not impressed. Plus, it looks shoddy and hardly a diary, just crap notes any enthusiast could have thrown together.....

peep

CF Legend

^Hehe, I just spotted you on the wall, it's so epic. I love the video that is somehow put together seconds after using your facebook account, it's brilliant. Really impressed with the website actually. I think doing the developer's diary over facebook is a bit lame though, could be done a lot better on the actual website. What's the point in having a website if it just keeps redirecting you to facebook?

Ethan

Strata Poster

Wow, the video it makes with Google Maps I think is great! I'm really impressed with the website at the moment, minus the Diary :(

Status
Not open for further replies.