What's new

Thorpe Park Rebrand

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Nemesis Inferno said:
They posted a video of the bored man of Goliath...

Does that mean they're getting a B&M Hyper now?
Well, seen as that's been a rumour for quite some time... As has wood, I think they are testing waters.

I dunno why you find that so confusing.

Personally, I think a 300ft+ hyper is a likely possibility.

That said, the video really doesn't show the ride off much at all. So might be a mere coincidence.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Joey said:
Nemesis Inferno said:

Well, seen as that's been a rumour for quite some time... As has wood, I think they are testing waters.

I dunno why you find that so confusing.

Personally, I think a 300ft+ hyper is a likely possibility.

That said, the video really doesn't show the ride off much at all. So might be a mere coincidence.

It was a rather sarcastic comment based on how everyone is now assuming Thorpe WILL (not might) be building (not looking into) a Wooden coaster, everyone across the boards are getting excited over nothing concrete...

I cannot see Thorpe breaking the such a high ceiling because of Heathrow unfortunately...

They can test the waters, but it's the way in which every enthusiast has taken it on as gospel that Thorpe are gonna build a wooden coaster in the future without any actual proof beyond a potentially clever piece of social media PR by whoever's in charge of it... Doesn't take much to work out that if you ask people who follow the page (of which a fair number are enthusiasts) if they want a wooden coaster there will be a response... The amount of shares I saw from enthusiasts was ridiculous...

Plus I just didn't like Colossos, so wouldn't be creaming myself over the promise of an Intamin Woodie...

[/being the cynical voice]

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I've just looked at the photo of El Toro and Thorpe seem to be replying to most comments suggesting they build a wooden coaster. I really do think the park is considering it now.

Ethan

Strata Poster
As much as I'd like wood, I just don't see it fitting in at Thorpe. It's skyline is steel, and they probably want to keep it that way.

Nemesis Inferno said:
I cannot see Thorpe breaking the such a high ceiling because of Heathrow unfortunately...

Do you really think planes fly that low over Thorpe? Their maximum ceiling is 300ft, so it's possible.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
If they filled in the beach area, and tore down the dinghy slides, they'd have more than enough room for a nice woody!! Add in storm surge and bobs yer uncle!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Nemesis Inferno said:

No, it means that they're going to install bored men - durr :p

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ethan said:
As much as I'd like wood, I just don't see it fitting in at Thorpe. It's skyline is steel, and they probably want to keep it that way.

Nemesis Inferno said:

Do you really think planes fly that low over Thorpe? Their maximum ceiling is 300ft, so it's possible.

If it's 300ft why did they need special despensation for Stealth at 205ft?

marc

CF Legend
It's a mixture of both.

They can only go so high due to the airport but if they want to go above a certain height they need to ask the locals.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Something like Skyrush would be the best for the park IMO, it would satisfy both the audience of the park and enthusiasts.

A B&M hyper would be a disaster, I can only imagine the park's Facebook being swamped with comments about how lam the ride was.

Ethan

Strata Poster
_koppen said:
...it would satisfy both the audience of the park and enthusiasts.

Please remember they don't really care about enthusiasts, they are the absolute minority.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Ethan said:
_koppen said:
...it would satisfy both the audience of the park and enthusiasts.

Please remember they don't really care about enthusiasts, they are the absolute minority.
Though, because of social media, it's becoming increasingly important that we're happy. We're great advertising, when we're happy.

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ Ah, I suppose I didn't think of that. But I guess that didn't work out with Swarm haha

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Maybe it stopped Swarm from being a total flop?

Who knows. Swarm wasn't loved by all enthusiasts though - an Intamin mega or varient would be. I think, even a poor one (along the lines of the SFA Superman) would be well received.

Personally want a Maverick style ride there, but hey. It's the extreme does-a-bit-of-everything that I think would go down well. Plus, it wouldn't need to be large. I think it would be easy to market, too, because you could go whatever route you please.

Jake

Strata Poster
6a25b38904c7798703a6f2d49d000613_XL.jpg

Smithy

Strata Poster
Idk if this is new or even relevant but it's the first place I thought to post it.

Thorpe applied to extend Crash Pad in both it's number, and it's period.

As well as this there was some information about their MTDP. They had permission for a 50m 2012 coaster and a 40m 2015 coaster. As Swarm is apparently the 40m coaster, their '2015' coaster is meant to be 50m. However, it's not expected to be built in time for 2016.

Which suggests things aren't exactly rosy at Thorpe atm. Credit for me actually finding out about this goes to; http://forum.maniahub.com/topic/10198-c ... extension/

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Interesting, but we know from experience the MTDP tells us nothing.

I'm surprised they're adding to the crash pad. I'm surprised it's a success. I think it's good news though, it shows Thorpe's audience come from further afield than I actually thought.