What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

spicy

Giga Poster
548e56fc26286a37fe18b591b2895c55.jpg

So this splash plaza area has been scrapped?

Seems a strange budget cut that wouldn’t have cost much to pave that extra area over?

Unless, they don’t have to create or maintain a splashdown effect if no one can view it..

jasone

Roller Poster
I get that they are going for a more simple looking/graphic map to match their branding etc, but i agree, it does look incredibly dull. Hyperia's layout when viewed directly from above is possibly the least interesting way you could look at it... same as stealth. This style map, while maybe it serves its function for navigation, does nothing to hype the rides or park at all.

Also, shame about the viewing area/splash plaza!

jasone

Roller Poster

Matt N

CF Legend
It looks like the drop actually goes straight down for a fair period of time before it twists. That could provide a very unique sensation of getting ejector airtime and then twisting at the same time!

I expected it to start twisting further up, for some reason… this could offer more airtime potential, though, so I’m certainly not complaining!

English Coaster Guy

Roller Poster
I'm trying really hard not to suggest that this could be one of, if not the best first drops in the the world.

Also trying hard not to be speculative or overdramatic. But how can a vertical twisting 230ft plunge not be! So very unique! It's dive coaster gargantuan but with classic two across rollercoaster trains.

All I will say for certain though; is how unbelievably refreshing it is to see a first drop of THAT scale in a world of multi-launch/spinning/backwards swing launching gimmickry.

Last edited: