What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

JoshC.

Strata Poster
It's also been said that the top of the pieces of track for the lift hill will be connected at ground level, and then lifted into place as one whole unit. Not sure how common that is for taller coasters, but will be a sight to behold in any case (and one which will almost definitely be captured).

In terms of what is left track-wise, it is about just under half the lift hill and 33m of the drop.

I assumed it would be 1.4. You've got Saw next door, a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter with a 1.4 restriction. Given that Speed: No Limits at Oakwood has a 1.25 (I think) restriction, doesn't that show that Thorpe have bumped Saw's restriction up a bit? Why wouldn't they do the same for Hyperia which is arguably just as intense? I'm not complaining, I'm just confused. 😅

spicy

Giga Poster
What year did Thorpe ditch the themed area names? Lost City, Amity Cove, Calypso Quay etc..

As I actually think Hyperia would have settled quite nicely into the original Lost City theme.

Wondered where Hyperia was going to fit in on the map and then I remembered the themed areas are no more 😂

spicy

Giga Poster
First image of the gold trains!

874f58350d806810f0d96f215fdf5b77.jpg