What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

Matt N

CF Legend
I must admit, it’s really exciting to think that in a year’s time, that site will house the UK’s tallest roller coaster! A 30 year old record is finally being broken next year… it’s a mad concept to comprehend!

That 236ft structure will look absolutely obscene on the skyline, and the more I think about it, the more I think that the coaster itself could ride really well and be very highly rated… some of those elements look awesome!

Bring on 2024, I say! Sorry for the slightly random tangent, but now that stuff is happening and this project is finally leaping out of the hypothetical world and into reality, I must admit that my excitement has palpably increased!

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Can't be bothered to search the 87 pages here, but do we know what colors this'll be? and if it'll have a Stealth-style color scheme where above X height will "blend" into the sky?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Can't be bothered to search the 87 pages here, but do we know what colors this'll be? and if it'll have a Stealth-style color scheme where above X height will "blend" into the sky?

We don't know what the colours will be, but during the public consultations, the park did suggest they could do a Stealth-style track colour scheme. However, I don't believe there's anything written in stone that they have to do it like that.

Niles

Giga Poster
The park has announced Club 236

What is Club 236:
Club 236 is a competition for THORPE PARK and Merlin Pass holders that visit THORPE PARK Resort during the 2023 season. We’re giving away a number of money-can’t-buy prizes available, all of which will take place on the day of opening of Project Exodus.

See more info here:

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
The park has announced Club 236

What is Club 236:
Club 236 is a competition for THORPE PARK and Merlin Pass holders that visit THORPE PARK Resort during the 2023 season. We’re giving away a number of money-can’t-buy prizes available, all of which will take place on the day of opening of Project Exodus.

See more info here:
Confirmed it a Mack, has 10 rows with a larger seat & height restriction will come in the future

Swat

Hyper Poster
I like the new approach with how open they are being on social media during this construction.

Can't say I can ever remember a park themselves officially confirming the manufacturer like that on social media before a footer has even gone in?
It’s definitely a great thing but given how easy view points are from Monks and how so many people post updates when a bush moves at Thorpe they can’t really try to hide anything.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
In the last couple of days, the park have put up black sheeting along the Monks Walk pathway that borders the key view into the construction site (ie where the old train station used to be), so there's now rather limited views to the site from the pathway. I've always found the idea of watching construction and workers a bit weird tbh (personally, I've only ever taken photos when there's no workers there). Blocking the view probably helps with that.

It is good to see the park having an open discourse to construction and posting updates. So far, the level of coverage has been unlike so many other construction projects around the world tbf.

The Club236 idea is nice, but that video felt rather complex. This was the first time the park was announcing on their main social media pages that they were building the UK's tallest coaster. This was the first time they really explicitly acknowledged they were building a coaster too. That could have been made to be a huge deal. Instead, there's a long video aimed primarily at passholders with loads of rules about when to visit, and lots of geeky information. I don't even think the video says it's opening next year clearly and simply?

I'm not marketer, and it's not too big an issue when opening is over a year away, but I can't help but feel a short punchy video going "We're building the UK's tallest roller coaster! It will open next year. Buy an annual pass and visit us this year to be in with a chance of riding it first!" would have been pretty cool, still kept the door open for more fun, geeky bits whilst generating a buzz with the wider audience and encouraging people to buy annual passes..

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm not marketer, and it's not too big an issue when opening is over a year away, but I can't help but feel a short punchy video going "We're building the UK's tallest roller coaster! It will open next year. Buy an annual pass and visit us this year to be in with a chance of riding it first!" would have been pretty cool, still kept the door open for more fun, geeky bits whilst generating a buzz with the wider audience and encouraging people to buy annual passes..
No, but... perhaps you should be?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I had seen the typo there just before you posted and was about to correct it...then you go and highlight it forever more. Thanks ;)
I didn't even spot that myself - and I had to specifically go through and select it to make it bold. Been a long week for both of us, I expect. :p

Niles

Giga Poster
A quick browse on RCDB this morning and we now have a page for Exodus.

Even though we have known it would be 236ft for a while, sorting on RCDB by existing then height puts it as the 20th tallest coaster on earth, just above Goliath at Magic Mountain. I am only now remembering how high that felt and in a chair like Icon I'm realising how terrifying that drop will be 😅