What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

Niles

Giga Poster
3rd times the charm 🤞

New stream is up, looks like not to long till it tests as we have construction workers and staff waiting for it to go now 😍

Jerrybubbles

Roller Poster
Nearly 10k people watching a youtube livestream is insane numbers. I'm guessing another 15 or so minutes before they send it.
Edit: nevermind they sent it a couple minutes after this post!!!

Peet

Giga Poster
I literally just joined seconds before the first test run, looked great 😃.

PS. I don't remember ever seeing this level of build-up and excitement for a test run before - love it!

spicy

Giga Poster
- 3:00 on the live stream to be able to watch it again.

That was very exciting even just watching the stream.

Considering that was the very first run the first element was taken very quickly but then almost stalled on the huge outerbank. I wonder if the trim brake engaged a bit too much there?

Looking forward to seeing some more videos and seeing what speed the outerbank actually gets taken at.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Lots of people saying it's broken or there is an issue. Thinking logically, would they simply not be running checks here? I'm considering things like the validating the train's stability on the lift-hill in case of evac requirement. I highly doubt there is a fault.

Edit: Just seen Josh's comments.

Edit 2: Also, reminder (I know most are joking), of course it will run slower on the first test. They'll do that on purpose.

Last edited:

Georgie-M

Mega Poster
The hangtime on some of those elements looks mental, though I'm guessing that'll change as the ride beds in and they make adjustments. Either way, it's fantastic to finally see this thing in motion.

Matt N

CF Legend
Bits of that definitely looked slow, but as others have said, it was the first test run and the chain lift ran at an absolute crawl. It’s probably not the warmest, clearest day either; if it’s windy or cold, which wouldn’t be a surprise given yesterday’s weather, that could easily have affected things.

I thought some elements, particularly the first drop, Immelmann and entry into the outer bank, actually looked pretty promising given the circumstances!

It’ll almost definitely speed up, though. Based on how fast the lift hills on the likes of DC Rivals are, I imagine that the lift will be far faster during regular operation, and you only have to remember how similarly slow Nemesis Reborn went during its first test back in January compared to how it runs now.