What's new

Thorpe Park 2014 Map

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Wait.. coming May 2014? So despite having the entire closed season to get their act together, Angry Birds land isn't going to be ready for park opening?! Pathetic.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
This map is terrible. When I go later this year it will be my first time and this badly drawn map wont help me much to find my way around. I can't wait to ride nemesis inferno to see what "rocket lunch" feels like.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Crazycoaster said:
Wait.. coming May 2014? So despite having the entire closed season to get their act together, Angry Birds land isn't going to be ready for park opening?! Pathetic.

I thought this was the case the whole way along? I'm assuming they mean the dodgems and cinema? You can't just close of the area they're 'rethemeing', can they? Will be an arse to have to walk all the way round the back just to get to stealth.

And also, I am probably going barking, but I can't see 'KFC' under 'food' in the brochure...

jackandylan123

Roller Poster
'And the award to the worst theme park map ever created: Thorpe Park!'

How do they expect people going to the park for the first time to be able to get around with that?! everything about it is wrong!

Other than the hideous map, the new professional look they have gone for seems to work well!

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
I can't believe the spelling mistake wasn't found before it was approved. Maybe they put it in for a joke?

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Nah. You'd be amazed what gets through an editing process. We once published a report with several chapters in upsidedown and one with a typo on the first page 'talc is a **** -coloured mineral'. Three guesses. It was meant to be 'white'.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
The question is, "Does Thorpe really need a map that's easy to navigate?"

I mean, let's be honest, all you have to do is look for whatever ride you want to do and walk towards it... It's not the hardest park to navigate when it takes about 5 minutes to walk from Loggers Leap to Swarm...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I was just about to say the exact same thing. I guess that's what the map is trying to do. It's just a paper version of the blindingly obvious. Anybody who gets lost at Thorpe needs to be taken out and shot... Though that would include Madame_Furie :lol:

Robbie

Hyper Poster
I'm in two minds about it. It looks pretty good, but I think the biggest benefit of maps is to help you find something you might miss. In the case of Thorpe it's the stuff in the middle you might overlook as you dash between the shiny coasters so I'm not sure this quite works as that area is tiny on the map.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
I love it purely because of that typo! But I dislike how they've made every coaster look like it has a 200 ft top hat. In comparison to their, uhh, 'topical' map of the late noughties, this one looks rather bland. Nevertheless, it did inspire me to draw this annotated ORP of myself enjoying a Rocket Lunch on Inferno.

1982259_10152239321940081_1880211036_n.jpg

nadroJ

CF Legend
Usually I'm a fan of vulgar, especially when it comes to theme parks, but those bobble-heads were just the worst. Really glad they're 'cleaned up their act' in a way and released much simpler and sleek design. I likes it.