What's new

Themes you want to see at parks

Projektion

Mega Poster
With the Tomorrowland area at Plopsaland De Panne themed after the 2014 main stage at the festival, the key to happiness
Screenshot_20220717-123932_Samsung Internet.jpg

And now they've announced a Tomorrowland area for Holiday Park in 2024, I'd love to see them, for each new Tomorrowland area, theme them after a different years festival main stage.

2018:
Screenshot_20220717-124747_Samsung Internet.jpg

2019:
tmlmainstage.jpg

2022:
FXuo9chVEAQQA6j-750x499.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I’m old enough that

A. I’m a curmudgeon about almost all IP-based theming, and I’d much rather see theming that is original to the park (or in the case of Disney, that park company’s creations).

B. If there must be an IP-based theme, I’d love a ride or area themed to my generation’s Harry Potter, which was called The Lord of the Rings. I know it can’t happen, but that is something that would really bring out the boyhood geek in me.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I’m old enough that

A. I’m a curmudgeon about almost all IP-based theming, and I’d much rather see theming that is original to the park (or in the case of Disney, that park company’s creations).

B. If there must be an IP-based theme, I’d love a ride or area themed to my generation’s Harry Potter, which was called The Lord of the Rings. I know it can’t happen, but that is something that would really bring out the boyhood geek in me.

On the theme of themes from my childhood i would love to see then "The Tripods" by John Christopher is top of the list (The books rather than the shoody TV series) but it is a bit niche.

Howevever I would take both the still incredibly popular Discworld Universe as a theme (So many many ways to do that) or a War Of The Worlds Theme (HG Wells, 50s movie or Spielberg i dont care) which is such an ever lasting story I'm kind of amazed its never been used at a park.