What's new

Themes you want to see at parks

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
What's a theme that could fit really well with a certain flat ride, dark ride, or roller coaster?

Let your imagination run wild.

Pinball machine themed Free Spin/Zac Spin/Roller Ball: Complete with a vertical glass cabinet, a launch start and sound effects, this could especially work fantastically indoors.

Bathroom-themed dive coaster: Imagine a B&M dive that drops vertically into a massive toilet or sink structure. A mini dive like Oblivion: The Black Hole could be more realistically built.

Indiana Jones/Crash Bandicoot Alpine Coaster/Bobkart: Themed to running away after a rolling boulder, perhaps fitted with sound effects to give the illusion that you're really having to run away and to give the rider more motivation to speed up the car.

DBGT-style Party Bus: A ride with the general idea and mechanisms of Derren Brown's Ghost Train but with a significantly more lighthearted theme. Perhaps replacing VR with screens behind the windows, and a couple more live actors.

Something very intense but with a super happy theme: Imagine a Bubbleworks theme on something like Saw: The Ride. Would love to see something really intense with a funny luvvy duvvy theme you'd see at a children's fun park. A couple already exist, but would like to see it explored more.

Racing coaster with a finale that depends on whether you won or lost: After the final brakes, enter a building that either fills the room with blue and plays sad piano music, or fills the room with gold and upbeat tubes with celebrations everywhere.

It doesn't necessarily have to be realistic - what ideas have been on your head these days?

I'd love for there to be a park themed on Terry Pratchett's Discworld. The scope for rides and shows is immense. You could have a family coaster where you ride in the luggage, a library themed ropes course, with the obligatory orangutan, Moist Von Lipwig's stream train roller coaster and so much more.

Just imagine the wizarding world of Unseen University! Complete with tower of art drop tower, some sort of mad house and an indoor launched coaster in the high energy magic building.

We can only dream..

Ethan

Strata Poster
I wish Oblivion's original theme would become a reality. I NEED a steampunk dive coaster themed to drilling into a big pit, it makes so much sense.

As for others, I guess I'd love to see an Emperor's New Groove ride/attraction, though it would never happen because the IP doesn't hold much weight with most age groups. It could be so camp and comical. Perhaps we've been invited by Kronk to have a peek inside Yzma's secret layer, but in an Escape from Gringotts-esque opening, he pulls the wrong lever and we're sent down into the depths of the liar. Perhaps Yzma discovers we're friends of the Emperor, and is then trying to kill us in silly/goofy ways like in the film, and the main protagonists (and Kronk) help us escape.

I dunno. Just a shower thought, but something that I'd love to see.

Last edited:

Ethan

Strata Poster
Toilets in queues.

Edit - read that as *things* you want to see haha
Was going add to this and say it would be funny if people queued for an attraction, only for it to just be a toilet, but I realised that's the reality most women seem to deal with daily...

shawnoc

Mega Poster
@Rollercoaster David that would be an epic idea…. I have always loved the idea of having an Ankh Morpork street with rides build within…. Sod hogwarts have the unseen university tower as the areas focal point.
Also you would have to have a clax tower there somewhere.

Fiender

Roller Poster
I'd love a Godzilla themed anything tbh. Especially since it's one of the few franchises whose characters are actually the size of the attractions :p
(Modern Godzilla is about Fury's height, but the Godzilla from 1950's-1970's is half as tall, so... anyone looking to use this theme wouldn't HAVE to build a park of all gigas.)

JoshC.

Strata Poster
A rather specific example, with a more loose idea on a theme, but hear me out...

I'd love to see a flyer with an indoor drop track section. Underneath you is a set of spikes, so it looks like you're going to drop onto the spikes. But, to add to the effect, the spikes start much lower down, and rise up at the same speed that you drop down. Done right, it could make the drop feel a bit more intense, etc.

As for the theme, I've always imagined it as you've been captured by a giant bird that flies around a mountain, and it flies you into a cave in said mountain, before dropping you onto the aforementioned spikes. Think that would be a pretty cool theme to play with in general tbf.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'd love to see a flyer with an indoor drop track section. Underneath you is a set of spikes, so it looks like you're going to drop onto the spikes. But, to add to the effect, the spikes start much lower down, and rise up at the same speed that you drop down. Done right, it could make the drop feel a bit more intense, etc.
That would be absolutely disgusting and I'm living for it. <3

Christian

Hyper Poster
Soviet space program with an epic soundctrack. Oh wait, we already got EuoMir 🚀🚀

Or a Russian pipeline... Or can can... Or sheep...

Damn Europa Park has already done them all

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
An RMC T-Rex themed to the up-and-down, no-holds-barred world of accounting. Hell, an entire park land themed to accounting, because if I know kids today — and I think I do — they’d go crazy for an Accountingland.

Love it - have a part indoor, part outdoor coaster, with 2 outdoor sections to demonstrate "double entry" bookkeeping!

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
I know Temple of Peril of already a thing, but I think a true try-hard effort for an Indiana Jones coaster for Hollywood Studios would be a good thing. No inversions, just a simple mine train.

Hell maybe do it at Animal Kingdom since they need another coaster now.

TheTalbotHound

Roller Poster
Bathroom-themed dive coaster: Imagine a B&M dive that drops vertically into a massive toilet or sink structure. A mini dive like Oblivion: The Black Hole could be more realistically built.
If only Oblivion had been sponsored by imperial leather instead of The Flume.

RcTmix

Mega Poster
I’d like to see a Back to the Future themed coaster that features actual time travel. You arrive back at the station right before you left, so as you board you end up sitting in the seat that future you just vacated. Try to avoid direct eye contact with yourself or the ride sets up.

Or an Interstellar themed ride featuring time dilation. It seems to you like you only had to wait in a ten minute queue, but the non-rider holding your loose articles swears it took twelve years.