What's new

Theme park soundtracks that get stuck in your head

Will

Strata Poster
I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned DVH, which popped straight into my head when I read the topic title!

Honourable mentions to the one and only Colossus as well as this masterpiece...

[youtube]

My old boss at work was a former Towers employee from way back when and we used to serenade each other with the Toyland Tours soundtrack, much to the ire of everyone else!!

Will

Strata Poster
...and another post, to be annoying, because I remembered the classic horror nights music from Europa Park, since Europa, 'dramatic metal' and Halloween events are a fairly ideal combination for me! Sadly, they're quite hard to track down online these days and the music played at horror nights wasn't as fab by the time I got around to going as I think Marc Terenzi may have rather fallen from favour.

Anyway, two tracks I really enjoy on their own merits:

[youtube]

There's another called 'Shadows' that played on a loop one evening in 2015 while I sat somewhat drunk waiting for the monorail back to the hotels. Suffice to say, I knew all the words by the time it arrived!

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
The Smiler bounces to my mind. The happy melody just gets ingrained in your brain, especially when queuing for the ride. Its my favourite music on a roller coaster for that reason. The music dominates the area as a whole.

Euro-Mir is another one, it turns the spiral lift hill into a German rave and i love it. It is the closest thing the town of Rust will ever have to a nightclub.
Annoyingly catchy like the Smiler as well

Honourable Mentions: Oblivion- love the 90s dance music.
Nemesis: Inferno (original soundtrack)- This was a pretty good soundtrack for a good invert
Colossus- Music is better than the ride

ScottLann

Mega Poster
One that I remember not being able to get out my head was the music played around Little Monsters at Flamingo Land. Can't find it anywhere but boy did that get annoying

Will

Strata Poster
I still get the annoying music from Oakwood's Brer Rabbit Burrow in my head from time to time - usually to spend ages trying to work out what the hell it is!

Matt N

CF Legend
I’ve got a new nomination for this. It might not be the most obvious choice, but it’s a hard one to get out of your head once you’ve listened to it for a few minutes:

Charlie's Circus 🙃

Roller Poster
I can't believe no one has mentioned valhalla yet that has got to be my favourite theme music along with portadventuras "hola"
By far Valhalla is my favourite, I sing it all the way through the ride and when I'm in the shower lol 2nd would be the big one's theme song. The blackpool pleasure beach theme song is cringy but it's stuck in my head all the time 🤣

Ellie

Roller Poster
Definitely The Smiler of course! Though I’m ngl, I think it’s a crackin’ tune .
I also find myself randomly humming Wicker Man 🤷‍♀️
And I constantly have Icon’s soundtrack in my head, but that could be because I always have it on lol.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
That carnival dark ride at Efteling.

Absolutely infuriating.

Got stuck on it for half an hour because it broke down.

The 4 bar chorus loop repeated over and over again drove me ****ing nuts.

Literally only rode it once and can still remember the tune clearly to this day.
Ha! I was once stuck on that for just about five minutes, but within thirty seconds of being stuck I realized that I was in for a real endurance test with that music.

Fleetwood_Mack

Mega Poster
I only ever knew it in its butchered form as the Detonator music, but this still pops into my head from time to time.

The part from around 10:45 minutes in especially. It's so beautifully tacky, like a 90s TV game show. I love it.

Last edited: