What's new

Theme Park Pet Hates?

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I never used to queue for Oblivion, but every recent time I have... Weirdly.

Pet hates... People who smoke in queue lines. Thats the big one.

Slow attendants annoy me too, especially if I can't work out what the hold up is. JUST TELL US. >:C

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Mine:

-Poor ride ops
-Bad communication - being left in the queue during a breakdown, not knowing whether the engineer is there or not etc.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I hate games stalls, when the chavs working on them try to entice you in. Piss off.

Also, really long, empty queue lanes that cant be adjusted. Oblivion is of a good example.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Smoking in Queues is the big thing for me. Other than that, loud music from phones/ipods and people being unnescerally loud also annoys me.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Strollers: You run into this problem big time in Orlando. I get that an infant can't walk around the park, but does your 6 year old need to get pushed around all day? Its the equivalent of a trailer in the middle of rush hour traffic.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Having done several parks with our daughter now, I'm split on this one. I used to enter a park with nothing that didn't fit in my pockets. Now, we schlep all the associated baby crap and I see why people don't want to give them up. Kids are heavy, and the stroller is like a portable locker for all the crap you bring in or buy at the park.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
My pet hates at theme parks include queue jumping - I recall many occasions of enduring them and telling people that it isn't fair on others in the line who've been waiting patiently. Also I agree about smoking in queues and what Rachel said about people who hover near or stand just inside an entrance as if they're undecided about whether to go on the ride or not - very annoying.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
1. People who fail to comprehend the difference between the Front Row Queue and Regular Queue at the ride station.

They run down the front row line thinking it's shorter, realize it's not, then try and push there way back through to their previous position in the regular queue. All whilst in the cramped, crowded space of the station; holding everyone up. Just read the sign first!

2. Loud music everywhere. (I'm mainly thinking of Thorpe with this one) but even at Oakwood, I couldn't sit down to have my lunch without a speaker nearby blaring out music at an invasive level. Parks need more quiet, chilled spaces for when you want to take a break and relax.

3. Unclear park maps. The ones which are just vague drawings with a key down the side, and don't actually show where each ride/show/food place is - just the general area. When visiting a park for the first time, you want to be able to get as much out of the day as possible; not spend it wondering around trying to locate things.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
rollermonkey said:
Having done several parks with our daughter now, I'm split on this one. I used to enter a park with nothing that didn't fit in my pockets. Now, we schlep all the associated baby crap and I see why people don't want to give them up. Kids are heavy, and the stroller is like a portable locker for all the crap you bring in or buy at the park.

Agreed. The biggest shock to us when we finally ditched the pushchair when Maxi-Minor_Furie was around 4 or 5. Until then, theme parking had been made massively easier by this fantastic wheel barrow to stick all our earthly goods on to.

Even with an older child, you still need to carry a whole bunch of crap around with you most people don't bother with. It just made life so much easier, but we've managed to compact it all down into one or two rucksacks now and it's all fine :)

bmac

Giga Poster
My parents dumped me off the stroller when I was 4. Not because I needed the exercise, it was more because someone stole the stroller while we were watching a show at the Animal Kingdom. I guess it's benefited me greatly since I see kids that look like they're encroaching on 10 in kiddie areas getting wheeled around in strollers, my little cousin from hell being one of them.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Radaxion said:
2. Loud music everywhere.

This was a personal annoyance for me at a lot of American parks to be honest. I like park music as long as it's written specifically for rides/areas to help build an atmosphere; we're lucky in Europe that so many of our parks do just that.

A lot of the American parks though - not all I'll quickly add - just pipe loud, generic pop/rock music all over the place, and it's **** ing hideous. It gives otherwise impressive parks the atmosphere of a traveling fairground.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
Cheerleaders at WDW cheering in lines for rides during the ESPN competitions. At least my city won the high school competition this year. :)