What's new

Theme It! - An RCT3 Competition

scw55

Hyper Poster
I submitted over a week a prior to the ending in hope that it may help some user's cogs to start turning. I didn't mean to intimidate.

What I did was basically stew for many days over what theme I wanted. I kept changing my mind.

The great thing about a B&M Sit down is that they can lend themselves to anything.

How about:

A sarcastic kiddy theming? Have things like giant chess and candy etc amongst a monstrous coaster.

Colossus

Giga Poster
My hand will be dealt hopefully Wednesday, as I have now finished 4 of my 5 coasters, but I have been away from my PC for nearly 2 weeks, so I wont have a chance to get the 5th done now, so the finished 4, including the ride for this will be unveiled Wednesday.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Heres me then.

Introducing, Jurassic Park - The Ride.

I believe this theme needs no introduction, themed after the famous movie franchise, this is a theme I have been gagging to do for a while so this was the perfect opportunity, created whilst in the middle of my resurrection this ride literally took about 2 days from start to finish as I already had an idea of what I wanted to do in my head, and I was happy with most of what I did first time, I can assure there was still an element of difficulty here, working with to tight confines of the layout, and getting everything looking right.
But it was fun to do, and really nice to do something fresh in a park where all I have been doing is re-dos.

So yeah not much else to really say about it, I'm really happy with it and I believe she speaks for herself.

Shot0170_zps00a26304.png

Shot0169_zpsa9008c99.png

Shot0167_zps58c123bb.png

Shot0161_zpscea7201e.png

Shot0162_zpsbe2135fb.png

Shot0164_zpsb1768b80.png

Shot0166_zps1c3df633.png

Shot0160_zpse6cd700c.png

Shot0159_zps36e32138.png

Shot0158_zps6c841dc1.png

Shot0157_zps9626967c.png

Shot0156_zps8efb8bbc.png

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cW2QxZV71U[/youtube]

scw55

Hyper Poster
I'm glad I am not the only who who has entered (now).

It's really strange watching your PoV. It's dawned on me how surreal this contest is.

I spent many, many hours working on my entry with the layout provided by Reddude. And in that time, the layout became mine in a sense, since I knew its every detail and aspect intimately.

So watching your PoV caused me to have an surge of "HE STOLE MY LAYOUT" (to which I then remembered the conditions of the contest).

It's interesting to see what someone else had done with certain elements.

Judging this will be difficult because so far we have two entries of contrasting approaches. Mine is claustrophobic and very rugged. Colossus' is comparatively more open and formal.

JammyBand

Roller Poster
This competition is looking very close. Scw55's theme is definitely clearer but Colossus's has got lots of extras such as path overlays, big fences and trucks (but more dinosaurs could have been used in order to show exactly where the ride is set.) Don't expect an entry from me, as it is not very likely I will get one done.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Sorry I have been so gone and out of it guys. Just been starting my internship and have another big project going on. That said, I am fairly disappointed that more people couldn't enter but I suppose we can still go through with what we have. I will be accepting ratings via PM and form my own ratings as well. Let's give the judging about a week but please try to get your scores in ASAP as we have all had a lot of time to look over the two entries.

[Edit: Ratings should be out of 10 and extra explanation is appreciated]