What's new

The UK needs more Coasters

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^Punctuation please. Please. Please.

And I actually think the UK will see a woodie or hybrid coaster some time in the near future. However, I will be surprised if it is taller than 25 metres, and I guess it will have some tunnels and fences to keep noise down.

And by the way, how is the situation for Ireland? As far as I know, they don't have any permanent parks, and both Dublin and Cork are big cities. Are the NIMBYs as numerous there as on the "mainland", or the laws as strict?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
GravityGroup said:
The UK has a lot of parks in its area, but i think they could do better. We need another wood coaster, but if i could pick just one roller coaster in the whole world to build in the UK, it would be X2. That thing looks insane on the videos i have seen, Any park that had the cash to support it would have an instant hit. Shame about all the problems it had. The Arrow 4D looks like a great concept if S&S can perfect it and get the cost down. I am really gonna try and get to SFMM within the next year or 2 to ride it.

Clarity. It's not just an album by Jimmy Eat World.

GravityGroup

Roller Poster
Pokemaniac said:

Thnks lol its nt tht big a deal really Im usd to posting on boxingscene so my punctuation is gonna be bad as I never chck thrgh wat I write, its nt really imprtnt but I correct mst of the problems if there r still prblems thre please let me know?

Martyn B

CF Legend
True, I have only ever seen Flamingo Land adverised three times. Once in cinema, twice on TV. And it was a very old advert with none of the new rides but all the old ones. Not even a mention of MJ thrown in at the end.

Yeah theire adverts this year feature the Pirate Ship and Magnum.... good one!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
GravityGroup said:
Pokemaniac said:

Thnks lol its nt tht big a deal really Im usd to posting on boxingscene so my punctuation is gonna be bad as I never chck thrgh wat I write, its nt really imprtnt but I correct mst of the problems if there r still prblems thre please let me know?
Thing is, on CF we actually ban people for bad writing - keeps the standard up and the frustration levels down. You will get warnings first, though.

Back on topic, I think the UK will see some interesting rides in the years to come. When you can't have height, loudness, traffic increase, bright colours, smell, screams, music or fun in general, the designers are forced to think creative. Or give up. I'd say the chances are 50-50.

GravityGroup

Roller Poster
Pokemaniac said:
Thing is, on CF we actually ban people for bad writing - keeps the standard up and the frustration levels down. You will get warnings first, though

haha how pathetic is that, I wont bother posting on here anymore if i need an english teacher i will go back to school.