What's new

The Last Roller Coaster Ever

wash

Mega Poster
Here's a rather odd, hypothetical question:
Suppose that all currently planned coasters are built and opened, but after this only one more roller coaster will be announced and constructed- ever. What type of coaster would you want it to be? Who would you want to make it? Where would you want it to be built? Etc.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
An intamin airtime coaster, with the station in my back garden and the top of the coaster 5000ft in the air, lapbar only, with 50 inversions and 80 airtime hills, as well as helices and overbanks, and a vertical drop. Also it would have a section where the cars would rotate about the heartline and the track would invert so it became a inverted coaster and pull a load more inversions, and then the cars would spin aswell so you basically got a spinning coaster in there as well. And it would have immaculate theming (but not on my house, maybe on every other house in the street.)

So basically our dream coaster? Well, this is obviously unrealistic, but this is what I would want:

I'd want a 0-130 mile per hour launch in like, three seconds, just like Ka's only faster. Then, after the tophat, when it hits the brakes, it would have a four hundred foot lift hill with a steep drop, like Millennium Force, and it would also have the first overbank. Then it would have the layout of Maverick, combined with norwegian loop as found in fahrenheit. It would have some insane airtime hills as well.

Yep, that's my coaster.

Remember, I know it's unrealistic so I don't need people telling me it's not gonna happen, because I think I know that.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... I say... make the queueline a museum of coastering through the ages, where you enter in the very beginning with the russian ice sleds, and the present-day coasters are shown near the station.

The coaster itself should have been like a double-sized Maverick. A combo of turns and twists, rolls and hills, sometimes brushing the grass (not literally), other times showing the riders nothing but sky. After the launch, the layout should have been more speed-based, going in trenches and forests, all the time showing riders only the track they're riding on. In short, no visible crossovers, terrain-hugging, and lots of speed. Near the end of the layout, we should find a partially submerged Norwegian Loop, before a couple more turns, then the station.

wash

Mega Poster
Sorry, I didn't make this very clear. This is not a "fantasy coaster" thread. I know the premise is not realistic, but please only submit realistic ideas.

Ben

CF Legend
I don't honestly think I'd care...?

A RoboCoaster, just so we had one.

Other than that, 'build a Mega'... if this is the last one, build something we DON'T already have.

Kebab

Giga Poster
A ghost train, with a 0-100 launch, plenty of inversions and airtime hills then a section like the drop on Tower of terror.

Anything bizarre and different really. Just not another RITA.

Error

Strata Poster
Weird way I see it is that coastering will never die. Too many people love that thrill and will build their own to have it once more. It'd be like prohibition, where they banned alcohol and it just got more popular.

If I had to say the last one: something never before done and completely original.

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
It would have to be a huge Intamin strata coaster.
But with a lift hill.
Lift hills seem just to build up suspense a whole lot more than a launch coaster does. (Just compare MF, and TTD)
After that I could care less what was in the layout. (It better have a whole lot a airtime though. :lol: )

Okay Wash, if you want it to be realistic, I'd have a Maverick coaster, with a faster launch and acceleration rate, as well as a higher drop.

How's that?

CMonster

Giga Poster
Maverick, but built by B&M, and double the size. With a couple more inversions and some sweet theming. And faster.

With a water splash to say it's an Aquatrax. :wink:

Kebab

Giga Poster
Kebab said:
A ghost train, with a 0-100 launch, plenty of inversions and airtime hills then a section like the drop on Tower of terror.

Anything bizarre and different really. Just not another RITA.
Wow! Forgot about this thread, but I kind of predicted what Th13teen should have been like... :roll:

I stick to my idea in ways; you get a nice feel of acceleration, great scary-horror theming, a mixture of heavy forces and airtime, twisty/funky inversions and a shocking drop tower segment at the end, oh and a crazy backwards section too! :)