What's new

The Intimidator. B&M Hyper 2010 - Carowinds

Good to hear it goes much faster than that.. I almost cried when I saw that video for the first time, before reading any other posts :p .

Glad it was a successful day though. The track looks so nice against the dull sky.

RCF

Strata Poster
The real thing opens up March 27th (2 weeks) so we get to see how the GP perceives it. And actually see it with people in it so this puppy will look faster.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I think b&m hypers are the kinda rides you need to ride to get. I always thought they looked so slow but they get rated ao highly by so many people. I loved raging bull and thats apprently the worst! So i've been converted. Just wish someone would buy one near the uk.

Ollie

CF Legend
I've been on Silver Star which was ****, slow and force-less. Everyone who went on the first EuroLive agreed that they were very disappointed with it.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^If Silver Star didn't have the trims of death then it may have been good... But since the trims hit the train so hard you felt the slow-down it was to be expected not to be any good...

Diamondback was ace on the other hand...

Ben

CF Legend
Yes, Ollie, basing B&M Hypers as a type on Silver Star is like judging French wine by drinking water out the Seine.

And do we have to go through the whole "IT LOOKS SLOW" bull**** every time a new ride opens...? Wait til it's OPEN with PEOPLE on it. Please.

Ben

CF Legend
If you're not judging them as a type, why even bring up Silver Star? You might as well go "Big Apples are ****" - that has the same amount of relevance to the topic.

Ollie

CF Legend
No. Because this topic is about a B&M Hyper. I was just saying the one I went on was terrible but I never said that makes them all rubbish. You're putting words into my mouth that I'm not saying.

Ollie

CF Legend
Because in the video it was running slowly and the one I went on was slow and boring so was just saying.
Don't jump on my back all the time. It was fine until Ben started making a fuss about it. There's loads of comments in this topic that are off topic but everyone picks on me when all I was doing was making a comparison to another coaster of the same type.

Snoo

The Legend
bob_3_ said:
I think b&m hypers are the kinda rides you need to ride to get. I always thought they looked so slow but they get rated ao highly by so many people. I loved raging bull and thats apprently the worst! So i've been converted. Just wish someone would buy one near the uk.

Raging Bull was **** because it was slow. Had it not been given the Silver Star treatment, it could be quite the good ride. All of the epicness was trimmed straight out of that ride. Shame really.

Yeah, they often look pretty slow over the hills but you can get some great airtime from the better ones.

I've been on Silver Star which was , slow and force-less. Everyone who went on the first EuroLive agreed that they were very disappointed with it.

Yah but everyone knows that Silver Star is regarded as one of the worst ones.

Raging Bull was because it was slow. Had it not been given the Silver Star treatment, it could be quite the good ride. All of the epicness was trimmed straight out of that ride. Shame really.

Agree.. If all the hills on that ride had the same amount of airtime that the initial drop had in the back, it would have been awesome.. But that thing literally crawls through the elements.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
They might be testing the trims to test the limits of the ride. I remember they tested Behemoth like this and it ultimately valleyed. Maybe they're doing the same with this ride.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
This is the same sort of thing I did with Texas Giant, but I'll be at the media day on the 26th, so if you have any questions you'd like me to try and get answered, post them here and I'll add them to my list of things to ask. Thanks!

A

Anonymous

So whos all traveling to NC this year?

If any one needs any advice about Carowinds or Charlotte let me know.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the site jordN & thanks for the offer. Keep those videos coming...
As far as heading to Carowinds, we have a Live planned this summer that you can read about here: http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27771
Perhaps you can meet up with us when we're there.
CP6 is attending Media Day, plus the kid & I will be down there on Easter Sunday.