What's new

The Games We Play

Ollie

CF Legend
Did have a search before creating a new topic but looks like the old one from years ago has been archived.

Anyway. What video games is everyone currently playing? What do you recommend?

My main go to game for the past few years has been Dead by Daylight. Started playing during lockdown and just hit 1000 hours played 😬
It has it's issues, but its a fun game to play casually and I love the mashup of horror characters. Where else can you have characters like Leon Kennedy, Laurie Strode, Lara Croft and Ellen Ripley getting hunted by Chucky whilst running around Hawkins Lab from Stranger Things?
1721725819673.png

Also working through Baldurs Gate 3 again. Not usually my kind of game but this instantly became one of my favorite's of all time. It's so well crafted with incredible story, characters, soundtrack and gameplay. They didn't have to go that hard but they did. The fact that me and my wife can play split screen whilst also playing with our friends online is amazing and something that's super rare with games these days who usually only allow multiplayer solo online. It's so open as well and all the choices in the game make each playthrough completely different and you're constantly finding new stuff and meeting new characters. Top tier game!
1721726296863.png

Have you played Texas Chainsaw Massacre? I've not played Dead By Daylight but they're very similar apparently.

Started playing it earlier this year when it came out and god knows how many hours I've spent on it.
It's been on my radar to pick up and try when it's discounted. Does look fun but sadly looks like it's heading the way of other asymmetric multiplayer horror games where it starts off popular then quickly loses it's player base before the devs drop the game.

There was also a asymmetric Killer Klowns game released earlier this year but not heard much from it so appears to be DOA.

I've been addicted to playing IdentityV for years. Its like Dead By Daylight but Coraline art-style. I've also been playing Lies of P and I swear I've went through all 5 stages of grief playing that game.

I just beat Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door on Switch the other day. Excellent game! I never thought I'd be playing a damn Mario game that made me cry. Thousand Year Door made me teary-eyed a little.

Currently playing through Red Dead Redemption 1 on Switch. I'm a massive fan of open world games and RDR1 is amazing. There were a few challenges here and there that made me set my controller down for a couple days but every time I pick it up, I'm hooked. I've been playing for about 25 hours and I'm starting to play a few of the side missions to build up my character a little bit more.

Most recently, I got Platinum for Star Wars: Jedi Survivor on my PS5. I think I’m a bit burnt out of video games after that one. Although apparently Splatoon 3 is having a big Splatfest soon, so I might have to get back into that…

My most recent games played:

Super Mario Deluxe- Awesome, and probably the best Switch game I have played so far. I am a huge fan of the traditional platform games, and this paid great homage to the classic Mario.

Roller Coaster Tycoon Deluxe- It's crap. I was super into RCT2 when it was out, and this just lets you do absolutely nothing, and is super unrealistic. Even my son was asking how the cars were going up the lift hill that was higher than the first drop.

Super Mario Wonder- I have to revisit it, and while I think it's fun, I do find it a little bit easy at times and not quite as good as Deluxe. I love that they have the option to play as Yoshi, which is perfect for kids who don't want to be losing lives every 10 seconds.

Tropico 5- I love the Tropico games. This one is taking me a little longer to figure out as it's really in depth and I'm almost getting frustrated at how much is going on, but I plan to keep on keeping on with it. Sometimes less is more, and this one has a bit too much going on.

Crash Bandicoot NSane Trilogy- Loved this for PS1, love it now. Challenging, yet still an outline of some of your basic older games!

Luigi's Mansion 3- I was totally addicted until I wasn't. I kind of lost interest maybe three quarters of the way through the game. I expect I will pick it up again at some point, but it got a bit tedious.

Overcooked- Absolutely love it, but my boyfriend stopped playing with me because I turn into an evil, bossy b*tch when I play. To be fair, I thought he was blaming his losses and bad partnership on a not-actually-faulty controller until I realized the controller was, in fact, faulty. A fun, challenging two player game with an easy concept that can be hard to execute!

Cupheads- IN LOVE with this game. I am about 60% of the way through the main game currently, and I'm surprised I like it so much because I usually don't like the bosses in video games, and this is 95% bosses. I adore the animation and it's just the right amount of challenging for me. I heard the Delicious Last Course add on is even more difficult, so I am looking forward to playing that once I am done the main game.

Overcooked- Absolutely love it, but my boyfriend stopped playing with me because I turn into an evil, bossy b*tch when I play. To be fair, I thought he was blaming his losses and bad partnership on a not-actually-faulty controller until I realized the controller was, in fact, faulty. A fun, challenging two player game with an easy concept that can be hard to execute!
My wife and I can't play this game for more than 10 minutes without the same happening 😂
It's nice and chill to start with but then the chaos and difficulty ramps up pretty quickly and if you're playing with others it quickly turns into a heated argument.

Been dropping quite a few hours recently into Dave the Diver.
Very charming game that's really hard to put down. Starts off as a game of two halves with the day spent diving and capturing fish before returning to a restaurant in the evening to serve your dishes to the customers. But soon after it grows into a bit more and expands. The cutscenes and dialogue are witty and funny and there's plenty of fun minigames to play as your business grows. A lot more depth (pun intended) to it than first appears and opens up a lot more once you begin progressing the story and upgrading equipment.

05b66f218ab5481e1995f8f4a2105572c358f5d5.jpg

davethediverreview-2048px-daveatthebar.jpg