What's new

The Games we play...

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Started playing DragonAge Inquisition. Not bad story so far. The animations are a bit off but has its moments. The voice acting is phenomenal though. The character creation is so **** massive! Took me time to actually come up with a good enough character. So far, so good.

davidm

Strata Poster
Pierre said:
I tried playing Destiny for a good 1hr30mins the other day to get into it but just couldn't. "Go kill some aliens" - "Kill some more but recover what they drop" - "Go scan an area, it has aliens in though so you'll have to kill them". Didn't once see the point in the game.
Thats a "patrol" level rather than a story one then - those patrol levels are there for the grind rather than the story. Not that the story is great, but its a hell of a lot more interesting than the patrol levels.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Ugh, really? Isn't it time to bring out something new rather than a 'new Nintendo 3DS'. Nothing like flogging a dead donkey. (Alright, not dead but surely dying? The only person I know is Neal who still uses one :p )

nealbie

CF Legend
It's a completely different handheld, but like with the WiiU pretty much everyone won't know that it's completely different.

Once again the stupidity of Nintendo rears its ugly head and they've shot themselves in the foot.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It will only become an issue when exclusive games for the new version cause problems. It was bad enough getting "do you have a 3DS?" Every time I bought a game before. Now it'll be worse as "do you have a new 3DS?" Is particularly ambiguous.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

marc

CF Legend
I see the word Nintendo and straight away think yet another thing just to flog to the die hard fans of zelda, mario and Pokemon.

Do they bring out new handhelds every single year?

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Oh dear Nintendo, this 'new' 3DS will confuse the general public and won't sell well at all. They should have gave it a completely different and original name.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Jordanovichy said:
Ugh, really? Isn't it time to bring out something new rather than a 'new Nintendo 3DS'. Nothing like flogging a dead donkey. (Alright, not dead but surely dying? The only person I know is Neal who still uses one :p )

You can add a second to your list too!! ;)

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
caffeine_demon said:
Jordanovichy said:

You can add a second to your list too!! ;)

For some reason, I'm not too surprised...not quite sure why though :p

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Obviously getting the special edition Majoras Mask version ;)

Also, I can imagine this will come in well timed after everyone destroyed the control stick playing Smash Bros :lol:

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
I'm hoping that Nintendo will discontinue the "old 3DS" and replace it with the "New 3DS" thus avoiding any confusion on the shelves at least?

Just picked up a few complete big boxes today; Full Throttle, Leisure Suit Larry collectors edition, Rebel Assault, X-Wing and Dungeon Keeper. Some classics (I think they're all classics) there.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I doubt it, they were still selling Wiis and the games for it after the Wii U's launch...

That said, Amazon are charging around £200 for some of the "old" 3DS XLs atm... And I am tempted by the Majora's Mask pack for £209 off the Nintendo website...

EDIT - Sold out, FML :(

ThomVD

Giga Poster
The best compliment you can get as a gamer is being called a hacker/bot/anything similar, and someone just called me that on one of my old Ninja Gaiden videos. So happy <3

This had to be a TAS. No human player can do that. Even speedrunners who can beat this game in like 12 minutes can't do it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrCzdUm-8U0&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Pierre

Strata Poster
My DS4's R2 button broke. One side of the pin on the spring had just broken so it was being depressed slightly to the right and not coming back up properly, leading to me unloading full mags of bullets on Call of Duty while casually walking around. I took it back to game with receipt as it was under warranty and they just did a straight swap, no fuss.

Anyway, I bought the Havoc DLC for Advanced Warfare and I'm totally hooked on the zombies which is really surprising. Every single COD I've had before I've absolutely hated the zombies modes, they literally didn't do a thing for me. Don't know what it is about this one that has me hooked. It's a bit of a shame they put it in a DLC pack though.

Smithy

Strata Poster
I've found I can only really enjoy the zombies mode if I'm on with mates, as it becomes a laugh when someone dies first and you can grief them for it.

Done the 2 player heist on GTA a few times, done a 4 player finale with some randoms and tonight should be on with some mates doin the full set ups too. So far I'm impressed, it's not mind-blowing but it is very good and, best of all in this day and age, free.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I had the pleasure of watching Nic and Stone Cold play GTA this evening. Nic was alright, seemed more intent on prostitutes and strippers so she could look at boobs, but Stone Cold was ALL fingers and thumbs, watching him use an xbox controller was hilarious.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Brookes said:
^^Too many games seem to have R2 as the main button these days!

I remember on COD4 the aim and shoot buttons were L1 and R1 respectively. It does make more sense to have the trigger buttons on the controller as the trigger button for your gun though.

Hell, I even remember the 'X' button being the accelerate button on PS1/2 racing games :lol: I think the DS2's xosquaretriangle buttons were analogue too.

It's a massive problem though quick google search brings up hundreds of people with the same issue. They seriously need to improve their durability. They're leading the console sales in this generation but they want to retain people and not drive them to Xbox One.

nealbie

CF Legend
I've already replaced 5 DS4s. One for shoulder pad, one for trigger and 3 for peeling analog sticks.

As Pierre said, GAME are fine replacing them with a receipt. It's horrendous the build quality of them, I've never so much as scratched a controller before, getting things replaced is a completely new experience for me as I'm always so good to my stuff.