The Games we play...

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I have platinum for four games:

-The Walking Dead Season 1
-Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
-Dark Souls
-Dark Souls II
(and 100% for a lot of games that don't have platinum, like Journey, TWD season 2, Child of Light and more)

For TWD you just need to beat the game to get it, Uncharted 1 is pretty easy (just have to get all the treasures and beat it on the hardest difficulty), but I'm quite proud of the Dark Souls games :) . I'm not really going for platinum anymore though, because I don't have as much time as I used to. Back when I played on my 360 I had 1000G for quite a few games.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
ThomVD said:
I have platinum for four games:
I have one, for the Sega Megadrive collection :lol: That was bloody hard work!

marc said:
It finally arrived post here is a complete joke. Cannot believe I'm excited to play it again :)

Yippee! I've not completed the first one yet :(

Pierre

Strata Poster
I've got platinum for seven games...

Watch Dogs
Motorstorm Apocalypse
Uncharted 1, 2 and 3
Smackdown V Raw 2010 (randomly)
Call of Duty: World at War

100% completed a few others which didn't have platinum trophies too.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
^ I got 1500G for World at War on my xbox360. Beating it on veteran was so incredibly hard to me. Harder than Ninja Gaiden on Hard mode, and Dark Souls and those kind of games. I've beaten CoD2, 4, World at War, MW2 and Black Ops on veteran but world at war is the only one that is really difficult.

Heart of the Reich........ nightmares.

A different thing. I just started Assassin's Creed Black Flag on the PS4. I'm a bit sceptical about this because it's an Assassin's Creed game. The series has been a massive hit/miss for me. AC2 and Brotherhood were fantastic. I'd say AC2 is one of the better games of last gen. AC1 and Revelations are among the most boring games I've ever played. Had to force myself to finish it. Haven't bothered with AC3. Black Flag gets quite positive reception and it seems like a breath of fresh air, so I hope this will be in the same league as 2 and brotherhood.

Pierre

Strata Poster
ThomVD said:
^ I got 1500G for World at War on my xbox360. Beating it on veteran was so incredibly hard to me. Harder than Ninja Gaiden on Hard mode, and Dark Souls and those kind of games. I've beaten CoD2, 4, World at War, MW2 and Black Ops on veteran but world at war is the only one that is really difficult.

Heart of the Reich........ nightmares.

Nightmares and headaches for me, I was working through a bottle of gin while attempting to do that :lol:

Anyway, Playstation have been running a Playstation Experience conference and as part of it, EA popped on, showed a video of some of the EA games on PS over the years then said they were offering free games which only lasts this weekend only;

Vita - Need for Speed (think it's Most Wanted)
PS3 - Mirrors Edge
PS4 - Plants V Zombies Garden Warfare

Pierre

Strata Poster
^ Picked up PvZ - what a fun little game.

No way would I have paid circa £30 for it so glad it was free. Typical EA game too with the in-game coins, sticker packs and in game purchases (I don't mind stuff like this on free2play games but despise it on paid games).

First play too, got through to wave 10 on Garden Ops and the application had an error and closed itself.

Garden Ops is real fun and the players I've played with so far seem to work well as a team. Multiplayer PvZ is all just a bit mental though, too many players (I've been playing Last Of Us Multiplayer again which is more tactical which might be why I feel this way).

Haven't had chance to play much, got rank 5 and only played as peashooter or sunflower. Glad I picked it up, one of those games that's easy to pick up and play for a short time with not much concentration required.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
We'll have to try and hook up to have a game together Pierre. I bought it for £15 about a month back because MMF was badgering me about it. I think it's a decent enough little game, but yeah, definitely not worth the original asking price.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Dovetail Games (creators of Train Simulator which Microsoft lend them the rights for Flight Sim X) announced 3 months ago that they would be re-releasing Microsoft's Flight Simulator X on Steam plus make a new one for 2015. Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition is out! I already had FSX but in disk. Had to get the Steam version because the disk version wasn't much compatible with Windows 8 since it crashed when you move your camera around. -80% off! $5 for this simulator and with the right addons, it could look like this

1537989_596931863769629_6662456089219876110_o.jpg

10275288_598896983573117_6190792439854620295_o.jpg

1401873_597927633670052_9220271156333857496_o.jpg

I already owned most of the addons demonstrated and a good computer to run it smoothly.

So Pumped!

Hobbes

Mega Poster
My brothers and I got a Wii U for Hanukkah, along with Super Smash Bros 4. It's an absolute blast :)

I'm disappointed at the removal of a story mode, and it sucks that some characters from Brawl were cycled out (Lucas was my favorite, and Snake was fun too), but overall I'm really enjoying it. The actual fighting feels faster than Brawl's which is nice, and the new characters are always fun to try out. So yeah, probably the best gift I got this year. I'm more than ten hours in, and I've got plenty more to go :)

Hutch

Strata Poster
I haven't posted in here recently so I'll go ahead and share what I've been playing recently…

This one has been out for a quite while now, but I just beat Fire Emblem Awakening, and I'll say, it's the best game I've played all year imo. There's so much strategy and deep gameplay, and the characters are awesome and unique in their own way. For my first playthrough I only played on normal w/o permadeath (this was my first time playing the series, so I didn't want to overwhelm myself), but I still found the game quite difficult, especially in the second half (but looking back, I know I could've down a lot better and I didn't know all the nooks and crannies within the game). But I'm looking forward to go back and try a harder difficulty with permadeath on.

Another game I've been playing the **** out of is Mario Kart 8. I found it surprisingly more fun and addicting than I expected, and I'm still not getting tired of it. Might try out the new DLC too… $12 for (soon to be) 16 new courses sounds like a great deal.

I've asked for Smash Bros for Christmas, so that's something I'll be looking forward to, especially now that all my siblings are home for vacation.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

I'm a bit of a sucker for Call of Duty games, they might not be the most realistic first person shooter games but I find them a hell of a lot more enjoyable than the likes of Halo and Battlefield. So anyway, Advanced Warfare.

It's great. The graphics are better than any CoD game I've ever played as you might expect but I have really paid attention to the finer details Infinity Ward have included in this game. The game is set in the late 2050s/early 2060s, I obviously don't want to give storyline spoilers but it was things like 'toll $38' signposts and 'drones monitoring speed', scenarios possible that far in the future.

New technology is available to you, smart grenades which are amazing fun and AST grenades for example. One new (I believe it is anyway) feature is you can upgrade your character (Mitchell) by shooting more enemies, head shots, grenade kills, and intel finds. You get points which you can spend upgrading. I really like this touch.

I've completed the campaign once (on hardened), now to go back and whizz through on recruit to collect the intel and then play veteran for the 75G. Love it!

I'd love to tell you about the multiplayer side of things but I never bother with that, I find it tedious because I'm no good. :lol:

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
^ Call of Duty games are terrible value for money if you don't play the multiplayer because the campaigns are so short! You just need some practice. When I first started playing cod multiplayer, I was absolutely w@nk but now I rek everyone cool)

Intricks

Strata Poster
The online servers for several companies (Steam, Blizzard, Sony and Microsoft for example) have been under near constant DDoS attacks since last year I believe.

While Im not saying it is that 100%, it could be that happening for you currently.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
marc said:
Why is it on the ps4 half the time I cannot get on the store it just displays a blue screen.

I get this too. If I've been using the PS4 (playing games or whatever), I tend to get it. If I put the PS4 into sleep mode and then put it back on, the store loads right away.

It's a widespread issue to which Sony's usual customer response is:
upToDate.jpg

If I can't hear the customers complaining, there are no problems

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
GTA V Online has snow in time for the festive period once again. Family can **** off, I'm causing havoc and painting the white, red.