What's new

The Games we play...

kimahri

CF Legend
Call of duty Black Ops II is out next week. Yay for mindless timewaster released on an annual basis. I'm OMFG! COD BLACK OPS 2! IT'S GUNNA SO SICK MATES!! IT'S SO REALISTICAND REAL AND ONLY HARD CORE GAMERS SUCH AS MY SELF PLAY IT!!!1

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Wasn't there some other game released today? Somebody was making a big deal about it... I doubt it's anything important and nobody seems to care about it - dead franchise then maybe? ;)

Ah, Tom sneaked in - that's the badger! Hola 4 or whatever it's called.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I was actually going to pick up the Halo console. Game are doing a cracking deal. Limited edition console, two controllers and Halo 4 (plus avatar shizzle) for £99 trade in against my 360 Slim.

Sadly, they were out or pre-orders, so I didn't do it. Couldn't really afford it anyway so it's all good :lol:

kimahri

CF Legend
I think ultimately, the main problem with the Halo franchise is the same as Call of Duty. The community is just full of little ****. As bland as it is they do try to build a some what vibrant (as in they use more than 7 shades of brown and grey) world and try to have some sort of story. More so than the Modern Warfare series and bugger knows what the **** is happening in Black ops.

Still. community of little **** is it's downfall.

bmac

Giga Poster
Failure to enforce the Rated M branding. That and parents buy these kids whatever the hell they want lately. I quit that jazz 4 years ago, amazingly I didn't get flamed for being one of those little ****. Although I did get reported for hacking a few times.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Succumbed and Pre-ordered Black ops 2 last night, play the campaign, go online a few times, get bored with 12 year olds screaming down my ear, go on zombies, trade it in for AC3.

Montario

Roller Poster
I personally think the COD series is recycling the same gameplay over and over again (especially infinity ward). I've only got two COD games and probably won't but anymore. I'm glad Treyarch are doing something different for Black Ops II. Yet people are now **** about how it's too 'futuristic'. First people complain about it being too similar, now too different? Make your damn minds up and be greatful!

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Been waiting for this day for months! Finally, my most anticipated game has been released!

Screw you, Cow Clicker, I'm going to click on only CUBES from now on, because Curiosity is out today!!

I spent actual minutes playing this earlier on today, minutes I would have otherwise wasted by colouring in graph paper, or rearranging words in a compiler but instead I used them to help in gaming's new biggest social experiment! (besides the other less important 'How Many Times Can We Reuse This Lovely Brown Palette' one)

I like how entirely cynical it is. I like how it's already spawning tumblrs. I like how it has better gameplay than anything Zynga have ever made. I like how it looks like total arse and still looks better than anything Zynga has ever made. I especially like how I want to play it right now. Stupid compulsion loops.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
It keeps crashing, so I stopped playing it. I think it's a fantastic idea and it has superb spod appeal, but instability ruined it for me. If it's that bad on iOS, I'm not even going to bother trying to download it on Android.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
See, I hate playing online for both Halo and COD franchises. All a bunch of 12 year olds or guys who are in their 20's-40's with no lives and play 24/7 and you hear babies in the background crying because they are too busy playing their **** game to take care of their kids. So if I play online, I either go private party, or play for maybe half hour and then have to quit, because I hate getting destroyed. Tonight for example, get on, first time in 3 years I play a Halo game and I get 14 assists, but 5 kills and 20 deaths. Game comes out less than 24 hours ago and people are already level 45. Seriously, how do you have no life to do that?

I play for the campaigns and Zombies with COD. So far, I enjoy the Halo campaign, even though I'm not far at all. The graphics are superb and I really want to see what will happen. My nephew who is almost 5 (he tries to play all my games with me, be it sports or whatever) was telling me what to do and to make sure I killed all the bad guys. Kinda made it more enjoyable until he sniped someone in the head on multiplayer when I got up to do something and my friend asked how I sniped someone, and my nephew just started cracking up. Makes it a little easier to deal with those obnoxious kids lol.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Borderlands 2 is one of the best games I've played since Uncharted 2. It improves on the original in every way.
Uncharted 3 however didn't, Uncharted 2 was a full blown masterpiece and apart from the graphics the sequel didnt improve

Lain

Giga Poster
Ploddish said:
Been waiting for this day for months! Finally, my most anticipated game has been released!

Screw you, Cow Clicker, I'm going to click on only CUBES from now on, because Curiosity is out today!!

I spent actual minutes playing this earlier on today, minutes I would have otherwise wasted by colouring in graph paper, or rearranging words in a compiler but instead I used them to help in gaming's new biggest social experiment! (besides the other less important 'How Many Times Can We Reuse This Lovely Brown Palette' one)

I like how entirely cynical it is. I like how it's already spawning tumblrs. I like how it has better gameplay than anything Zynga have ever made. I like how it looks like total arse and still looks better than anything Zynga has ever made. I especially like how I want to play it right now. Stupid compulsion loops.

I remember hearing about it months ago, and your post led me to download it.

And it won't connect to the server.

Pierre

Strata Poster
I played the F1 All Stars demo last night. I actually feel quite naughty for kind of enjoying it.

The damage thing is quite annoying though because in games like that you're bound to get hit by weapons from everywhere and it slows you down by a considerable amount.

All the power-ups seem a bit too similar though, not sure if thats because the demo is limited to that or that is actually all there is?

I've also completed 99.1% of Red Dead Redemption... just need to catch 9 more bountys and I'll have 100% completed everything in game.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Was going to mention the F1 All Stars Demo. Considerably better than the real F1 game, or F1 itself. It's certainly much more realistic racing!

The damage thing was really annoying though and it's a pretty bland kart racer. It's not as good as Little Big Planet Karting, which itself (while better than Modnation Racers), isn't as good as Mario Kart (though it's probably not too far off).

It's the kind of game (F1) that you'd be chuffed with if you'd paid a tenner for it :)

When Vikings Attack is clearly the game of the week on all systems (yes, ALL systems. Hello Kitty 4 or whatever rubbish it is on the 360 isn't fit to lick its boots ;) ).

Montario

Roller Poster
7^ If you think COD's multiplayer is bad, you should check out what GTA 4's free mode has come to. Literally any session you join consists of modders/hackers and screaming 12 year olds. The hackers spawn bullet proof vehicles, weird paint jobs on vehicles which lag the console greatly and even vehicles that don't exist in the main game files. They even have the ability to freeze your console if they wish, which then requires you to boot it up again. What a pain, it destroys the fun and fairness. Heck, one guy even spawed a Statue of Liberty and skate park in the middle of the airport, which I admit was amusing, but caused the game to lag like hell when I went near it.

This is probably going to happen in GTA V too eventually, as there is no way to prevent console modding and simply...there are just too many hackers to ban.