What's new

The Games we play...

joe

Mega Poster
Just completed GTA 4 100%...

I was playing Need for Speed Underground earlier at my GF's house. Nice to re-live that game.

Next game I'll probably get is either Madden NFL 09 or ESPN 2k9. They are not out for a while but thay look immense.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Ollie said:
Played the demo for 'The Bourne (I think it's Ultiman isn't it? :? )' and am considering getting the full game as the way it does the action is amazing. :p

You might want to rethink that. I got the full game last week and finished it in 5 hours. Not really worth it strictly due to the short play time, otherwise its a good game.

Ollie

CF Legend
I'm starting to get really bored of Resistance Fall of Man now as it's too long for its own good.
The SR (set route) is awefull and confines you to narrow tunnels and streets for almost the entire game with no room to go off and explore.
The shooting scenes are all the same and the enemies are too easy to kill as it's really easy not to die, and you can pretty much run into the middle of the war zone with a shotgun and kill everyone single handedly.
What I do like though are the crawlers/rollers enemies (They look like giant brown scorpians). They create some frantic play as about 50 of them appear from no where and just leap about and you've frantically trying to kill them as they latch onto your team mates like facehuggers.
So yeah, I've been playing it for hours now and it seems like I'm no-where near the end. The story is messed up as well with you darting to different city's and towns around the UK with no explanation.
The Chimaera feel too human like which makes the game feel like another Call of Duty rather than an alien invasion. Online is pretty boring as well as the maps are crap and hardly anyone is online.
At least now I know not to get Resistance 2. :p

Ollie

CF Legend
kimahri said:
Arnt the chimaera not small paracitic things?

There's quite alot of different breeds. I tried looking for the chart that has them all but can't find it.

These are the main enemies you face:
http://www.mtv.com/shared/promoimages/g ... 81x211.jpg

And these are the little spider/scorpion things I'm on about:
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4246 ... nceyt5.jpg

But the scale of things are pretty impressive: :D
http://www.igorstshirts.com/blog/concep ... _ships.jpg

If I find that graph with all the enemies I'll post it, but can't find it at the moment. :(

Ollie

CF Legend
Just finished Resistance: Fall of Man. And still have the same views my last post.
Oh, and the ending was ****.

Lain

Giga Poster
I finished Metal Gear Soild 4 today.

It was thoroughly awesome in every single aspect, and I enjoyed it muchly.

big john

Mega Poster
As for Resistance: Fall of Man, I have seen number 2 and decided to get the first one. Yes i know its probable not gonna be amazing but for 4 quid i couldnt go wrong lol. Not actualy played it as yet cause been playing other games but will shortly and give my verdict and as for number 2 go check out the interviews on gametrailers they seem to have listend to the gamers and look like its improved a lot also they are including support for up to 60 players online at once thats quite impresive. on a side note still addicted to elite beat agents on the ds and now also new suoer mario bros. Also looking forward to the 3 new updates for Burnout paradise especialy the second one in august which will introduce night driving and motorbikes and all 3 updates are free so im quite impresed with that.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Lain said:
It was thoroughly awesome in every single aspect

Except for how long it takes to complete? :p

Looking forward to the Burnout updates John, I was only thinking the other day bikes in it would be ace! :)

I played the demo for the new Civ game on PS3, and it's a bit cutesy, but the usual Civ affair - highly addictive and life eating...

I've also been off Grid for a little bit, and playing UT III again. It's just good fun for a bit, and still the best FPS on a console I've played control-wise.

Ollie

CF Legend
big john said:
but for 4 quid i couldnt go wrong lol.

What! I got it from Game second hand for £20. :shock:

I actually hate getting things in game. The overpricing bastards.
They give you ****ing crap money for trading in old games (which they give to you in store credit) and they don't know anything about games.

Me: "When does Call of Duty 4 come out?"
Staff: "We haven't got a confirmed date yet"

Big banner in front of shop says:
"CALL OF DUTY 4, COMING OUT NEXT WEEK!"

For ****s sake :x

mrclam

Giga Poster
Lain said:

Okay.. Some questions:

1. How long did it take?
2. How long WERE the cutscenes?
3. What percentage of the "game" would you say was a cutscene
4. how long was the install times (if any?)

Lain

Giga Poster
Smelly said:
Lain said:

Okay.. Some questions:

1. How long did it take?
2. How long WERE the cutscenes?
3. What percentage of the "game" would you say was a cutscene
4. how long was the install times (if any?)

Okay, lol.

The first playthrough took me about 18 hours, and say probably about half of it was cutscenes. The cut cenes themselves weren't any longer than ones found in the other games, which is acceptable to me. The only exception is the ending, which is made of a bunch of cut scenes all tied together, which totals up to just under an hour.

The install times weren't as bad as some have said. The initial install was about 8 minutes, and there was a 3 minute install between each of the subsequent acts, of which there are four.

I can understand why some people may not be into the cutscenes, but they do look stunning, and are very compelling. The story line is ace, the revelations are brilliant, and the voice acting is top-notch.

big john

Mega Poster
Ollie wrote
What! I got it from Game second hand for £20.

I actually hate getting things in game. The overpricing bastards.
They give you crap money for trading in old games (which they give to you in store credit) and they don't know anything about games.

Me: "When does Call of Duty 4 come out?"
Staff: "We haven't got a confirmed date yet"

Big banner in front of shop says:
"CALL OF DUTY 4, COMING OUT NEXT WEEK!"

For sake

You do realize i actually work at a Game store dont you so ye 4 quid as i get insane dicount hehe. As for overpricing people dont seem to realize we sell games and consoles at RRP if supermarkets undercharge thats there buisnes we dont force you to buy from us lol, Thats your choice if you dont wanna pay the price go somewhere else as for staff that dont know what there talking about thats probably your store as the guys i work with are very knowlageable and we know what where on about. As for the trade in prices that works on a very resonable system for example. GTA4 on trade in you get 30 quid as its rather new and it also works on how many copys we have in shop preowned ill take for another example assasins creed we have loads and loads of preowed copys of that game so the price we trade at goes down to say 8 quid but if some one came and bought all the copys in store the trade in price goes back up to say 20 quid so we get more copys back in. ITs a good system you just have to time your trade ins right thats all. And again knowone is forced to trade in or buy from Game. It really makes me laugh when people say we are overpriced though as we only sell at the RRP given buy he manufactures thats why we get more copys of games than supermarkets. Anyways onto games im currently playing MGS4 after saying i wouldnt but meh. Its actually really really goon just finished act 2 and as for load times there great on my machine load between act 1 and 2 was 60 seconds load after act 2 was even quicker initial install was 15 mins.