What's new

The Games we play...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
That's because they didn't supply enough units - so the country is currently in a Heavy Rain drought (see what I did there? :p ).

It means that second hand copies are pretty rare as people wanting it new are having to plump for second hand ones. However, there were new deliveries of the game late last week into the UK.

It's odd, because the game doesn't have masses of replay value. I added an extra three hours or so onto it, to see some more "satisfactory" endings and to complete some scenes I felt I'd done poorly on. I never expected the game to offer anything more than that though - so it was fine and I got a good trade in on it last week :)

This is what's odd, that so many people still have the game when I reckon at most there's only 20 hours play in it (if you wanted to get 100% trophies). Why are people clinging to the game? Yes, it's stunning and I loved it, but it's just not a "keeper".

Anyway, take the deal Lain. NOW, before they restock!

Slash

Giga Poster
Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Well if you're a very big fan of a good single player game then for the love of God do not buy this game. The single player is just terrible! You feel isolated at all times from the action, it may be very beautiful but the gameplay is boring. The cutscenes do exacty what the name says cut through the pace of the game like the scythe of the grim reaper through some evil guys flesh and the pace was about as fast as a man who's legs have just been severed off crawling to lands end. Not only this but killing people isn't exactly hard but neither is being killed and you can't save where you are you have to quit and go back to your last checkpoint.

So overall the single player is about as interestig as watching paint dry on a wall that's in perpetual rain.

However the multiplayer is GOLD. The multiplayer combines gun combat with vehiles seamlessly. The game types are original and require good tactics in your squad. The controls are easy to use and the different classes work really well. Everything works well and due to the ability to destroy every single wall and tree etc. it makes camping almost impossible. The gametypes I have played is Rush and Squad Team Deathmatch. Rush involves you either defending or destroying these "M-COM Stations" which involve setting a charge and holding up until it goes off or preventing the enemy from doing this and disarming charges. There are 6 M-COM Stations and the maps are so large there are many different ways to infiltrate the 6 stations which are at three different bases. Which makes the combat terribly fun. In Squad Team Deathmatch there is a vehicle in the centre of the map and whoever controls the vehicle first, probably at human costs has and advantage but it is of course difficult to get hold of the vehicle, add this to the massoveness of the map and enough people to make it feel small enough you get great gameplay!

So overall although there is a massive lack of single player goodness, the online play easily makes up for it.

8/10

Modern Warfare 2 is still better but only just.

Dave

CF Legend
Battlefield Online pwns Call of Duty, as everyone has FUN rather than twats who sniper, in BD2 you just blow the wall out.

Ben

CF Legend
Slash said:
The cutscenes do exacty what the name says cut through the pace of the game like the scythe of the grim reaper through some evil guys flesh and the pace was about as fast as a man who's legs have just been severed off crawling to lands end.

Please, never use metaphors again.

Oh, and also, MW2 and that other one 2 are both crapppp.

Ollie

CF Legend
I didn't really like the BC2 online demo. It felt slow paced, the controls felt clunky and it didn't really seem to engage me. I prefer MW2 loads more as games are fast paced and full of combat and I never seem to have problems with snipers like others do.
But then that's just personal preference. :)

Lain

Giga Poster
kimahri said:
BTW lain, Barthandelus is easy and fun.

Haha, yeah.

I did some leveling and changed my strategy, and all was well.

Also, I think I had such a massive hour count for where I was in the game only because I had the ATB thing set to 'slow'.

Laaame.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
^Haha, when I saw you'd posted in this topic Marc, I knew it'd be about that!

It does look very good though yeah, i've been waiting for this to surface for a while. As long as its not over-simulated like old games, making it ridiculously hard just to keep the car on the track!

Ollie

CF Legend
Haha, playing the South Park version of Poker Face on Rock Band is hilarious. Eric can't sing for **** though. :p
Still love playing 'Livin on a Prayer' with the volume right up though. Not only because I'm really good at that song (even on expert) but I reminds me of the epic times had on last years GhosterForce. :)

Swat

Hyper Poster
Slash said:
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Modern Warfare 2 is still better but only just.

:crazy:

COD doesn't stand a chance this Xmas. With MOH, Ghost reacon future solider and Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 rumored for E3. But then again if you like your games to require no skill, ridden with glitches and full of hacks MW2 is or you.

Ben

CF Legend
MW2 needn't sell another copy, and it's already taken more than one BILLION dollars. That's not a failure.

Pierre

Strata Poster
They're pushing it though, theres been glitches known about for months which are still in the game, and the new map pack is rumoured to be around £10 for 5 maps, but two of them are from CoD4!

theres been way too many glitches though left unresolved which has pissed a lot of people off... the new MoH looks ****ing sweet.

Ben

CF Legend
^It's been released (though I can't link, take my word <3) that it'll be 1200 Microsoft points on the Xbox, which is pretty much bang on £10 in real money. Which is ridiculous.

And trust me, I don't like MW2 anymore either :p The glitches and money grab attitude drove me away too, I'm just saying, it IS popular, even if it's with morons :p

Lain

Giga Poster
I'm really close to getting all the Heavy Rain trophies, but it's really tedious, and I want to trade it in tomorrow.

Quandary.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Just do it Lain!!!

Pierre said:
They're pushing it though, theres been glitches known about for months which are still in the game, and the new map pack is rumoured to be around £10 for 5 maps, but two of them are from CoD4!

theres been way too many glitches though left unresolved which has pissed a lot of people off... the new MoH looks ****ing sweet.

People will lap it up though, because by and large, people are stupid! :p