What's new

The end of Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom?

Homer

Hyper Poster
Wouldn't surprise me if SFKK suddenly became a water park. It already has a slew of awesome slides, Deluge is something that shouldn't be skipped if you're there for a few hours.

Although I still think Chang should go to another SF park other than SFGAm. SFA seems more like a logical choice. Also, T2 should be scrapped, end of story.

HowieP

Roller Poster
You know what this means if Kentucky Kingdom closes as an amusement park? Beech Bend will be Kentucky's major park!

^ LOL!

Beech Bend is adorable but if it's Kentucky's major park.. Then, well, Kentucky has an issue :p . At least Holiday World isn't too far away from them though.

A

Anonymous

How unfortunate. It's always sad to see a park close, or at least be rumoured to close. There are such few theme park locations across the country as it is, now this one will probably be gone. Hopefully they can find a good new home for Chang.
- A new coaster at every Six Flags park in 2011? Ugh, I can only imagine it will be another clone such as batman or superman.

Jake

Strata Poster
^ I would imagine that T2 and perhaps Greezed Lightnin' will be moved to other parks too. It would save SF buying more coasters... thats if this whole 2011 thing is true anyways.

A

Anonymous

This is my home park and I really hate to see the park's best roller coaster go away like this. They never warned us about this before it was done. I would rather them take away T2 (of course). I'm really happy to know that people outside of the state even care about this park. I love this park because its the best place for me, a coaster enthusiast, to go to on a weekend or summer break when I'm bored.

Well even though Chang is coming down, one of our news broadcasters (WLKY) are telling us that there will be a bigger water park expansion. I would really hate to see this coaster go to a park that doesn't deserve it like SFGAm. I thought Six Flags America deserves it because they have plenty of space for a cool coaster. Besides, SFGAm already has a stand-up coaster and plenty of great rides.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
6FGAm doesn't deserve this coaster?

Um, the park gave more rides in 2009 than any other park despite having the shortest operating season. Six of the coasters gave 1 million rides. No other park in the chain can say that.

Also, the park is generally the most profitable park for the chain.

Since Chicago is the 3rd largest market in the country, and there hasn't been a large capital improvement since 2003, they are due for something decent.

I'm sorry but two mice, a splash battle and a new parade (the old parade has been running for 19 consecutive years) are not headline attractions.

Oh, and we lost a major coaster in that time, too.

Then there's the whole rumor that the standup trains will be used on Iron Wolf... Those old Intamin standup trains are absolute garbage.

Is it unfair to KK that they give up the biggest ride in the park?

Of course it is, but at least both parks are getting something out of it.

KK is one of if not the smallest parks in the chain. It's landlocked, height restricted and the chain recieves no revenue from the parking lot.

I am not surprised that the park is being scaled back a bit. As with so much the Premier management did, the park was simply overexpanded beyond what the local market could justify.

I would really hate to see this coaster go to a park that doesn't deserve it like SFGAm.

LOL, SFGAm is one of the best parks in the entire chain, unlike Kentucky Kingdom which I have heard horrible things about. So, SFGAm definitely deserves it, but I don't think they would get it since they have Iron Wolf. I'd hardly compare Iron Wolf to Chang though since one is.. Well, very old and kinda crap and the other one is suppose to be pretty good.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
^Um, trains were spotted weeks ago at 6FGAm, and supports popped up in the employee lot a few days ago.

I think it's a done deal unless they are storing it in Gurnee before shipping it elsewhere.

^ Well how was I suppose to know track was spotted? I don't follow rumours 24/7 and I don't go to the park very often. That's good though.. It'll be another good addition to the park, and will make their lineup even better.