What's new

The big one. Furie's trip with ECG across the East Coast!

nealbie

CF Legend
Did you get a picture of / see the Balto statue furie?

And this epic report most certainly deserves some form of adulation.... =D>

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks people - good to hear it was worth all the effort :)

Erm I did see the Balto statue, but kind of ignored it :lol: It means nothing to me. [ahh, Vienna - Ian]

spicy

Giga Poster
Yeah definately worth the effort enjoyed reading all of this excellent trip report! Really makes me want to do the same sort of trip.

Some serious travelling though, when you read it makes it sound easy (apart from the trouble with the flights)

Also never realised how awesome Boulder Dash looks, going through the trees at that speed it just looks amazing, kinda like how the Alton woodie may have been.

A* trip report though Furie & ECG!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone. I went through all my photos again & only found one more worth posting. It's the furies in Central Park & I bet you can guess which one is really enjoying himself (& which one can't be bothered :lol: ).
IMG_7357.jpg
Once again I have to say what a great time I had doing all this & I can't wait for another of my CF buddies to get their ass over here to do likewise (hint, hint).
http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24052&start=84
And in case you missed what it is like where the furies stayed:
http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24052&start=82

zcl

Mega Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
zcl said:
This thread is great, but [-X at not setting foot outside Manhattan.
At the beginning of the report (if you would have read it from the start) we went to Coney Island. I took the furies straight through Brooklyn on the way there & the long way around on the return to Manhattan. They got to see some of the great neighborhoods like Prospect Park, Brooklyn Heights, Sheepshead Bay, Bensonhurst, Red Hook, etc. We also drove through Harlem at night & they got a view of the Bronx (if somewhat foggy) on our way up to New England. They also got to see Staten island from the other side of the Varazano Narrows, so the only borough they missed was Queens.

The Bronx is the only borough that matters and you only drove through. I feel insulted [-( . Seriously though, this thread is great.