What's new

The Best Yellow Rollercoaster?

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Can't think of many yellow coasters that I've been on.

Probably be Rage.

A-Kid said:
Could I count Mantis, as its track is mostly yellow with the exception of the red rail tie's?

Even if it does count,I'd still put Corkscrew and Tami-Tami before that pile of ****e.

If we're counting ONLY track (I'm not gonna name every single coaster that happens to have like, a yellow screw or something):

Behemoth

Le Vampire

Batman: the Ride (SFGAdv and SFGAm since the other one is grey)

Nitro

Dominator

Medusa

WickyTwicky

I-305 (track) Wicked Twister (supports)

I think I-305 has yellow supports and Wicked Twister has a yellow track :p .

A

Anonymous

My top 5 yellow coasters would be:
1. Eagle Fortress - Everland
2. Kawasemi - Tobu Zoo
3. Black Hole Express - Kumdori Land
4. Spin Turn - Nasu Highland Park
5. Shuttle Loop - Nagashima Spa Land

Other Yellow coasters I have ridden include:
Black Hole 2000 - Seoul Land
Camel Back - Wooban Towerland
Flying Dutchman Gold Mine - Walibi world
Gao - Mitsui Greenland (parts of :D )
Looping - Karolinelund
Hang Over - Liseberg
Rablader - Liseberg
Spin Mouse - Mitsui Greenland
Super Wirbel - Holiday Park
Titan V - Space World
and an unknown number of kiddy coasters.

metalhead7

Mega Poster
Talon was fun, but I dont remember any yellow parts of the track, I definitely think some of the inverted impulse coasters need to be mentioned

madhjsp

Giga Poster
What exactly constitutes a 'yellow' coaster is an interesting question. Personally, I would say the color of the track defines the color of the coaster.

If I'm at Busch Gardens with my friend and telling him about the Loch Ness Monster, and he asks which one it is, I'm not going to say "It's the hunter green one with yellow track." Whereas if I were to just say "It's the yellow one" without defining whether I was talking about the track, the supports, the cars, the station, or what have you... he would know precisely which coaster I was referring to.
Even Top Thrill Dragster, which has way more yellow paint than red paint, would still probably be referred to by most people as "that big red coaster."

That being said, I feel like it's kind of cheating to lump coasters with yellow supports into this discussion. I also wouldn't consider Dominator at KD either, since only one element is yellow. Rides like Talon, Silver Bullet, and Mantis are weird, but since their spines are yellow and that's the most visible part of the track, I'd still call them yellow. If their paint schemes had been reversed, I'd call them orange/red.

So I would guess the best yellow coaster in the world is probably Kawasemi or Eagle Fortress, but to rank those that I have ridden:

1. Volcano
2. Georgia Scorcher
3. Mantis
4. Loch Ness Monster
5. Wicked Twister
6. Python (BGA - closed now)
7. Ricochet