What's new

The Best Yellow Rollercoaster?

Waffleman

Mega Poster
I know it's quite a strange constraint, colour, but I thought maybe we could figure out the greatest yellow rollercoaster of all time?

Personally, from ones I've ridden, I think that my favourite is Dominator at Geauga Lake, what is yours?

Ben

CF Legend
It depends.

Do we count Talon as yellow? Parts of the track are...

If not, probably Dominator. I can't really think of many yellow coasters :S

Rush

Giga Poster
I reckon Kawasemi would probably be the best.

The only yellow coaster I've been on that I can think of off the top of my head, is the Loch Ness Monster, which wasn't great. Oh and Silver Bullet too I suppose, which was crap anyway. :p

CMonster

Giga Poster
This is an amazing topic. Congrats, Waffleman! :wink:

Oh, um, anyways, I would probably say Dominator. I don't think I've personally ridden any yellow coasters, unless you count Montu's supports...

RCF

Strata Poster
Volcano was pretty good, and Dominator is good as well, really those are the only two I really can think of and want to think of at the moment.

Mike

Giga Poster
Talon.
Dominator.
Rage.
Volcano.
Mighty Mini Mega.

In that order.
I can't think of any more yellow coasters I've been on. :?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^I think you left out a few Mike if you look at this list.
At SFGAdv there Batman (track) & Nitro (supports); at Kings Dominion there's Dommy (loop), Volcano (track) & I-305 (track); at BGW there's Nessie (track); at BGA there Montu (supports); at Seaworld Orlando there's Kraken (supports); at Universal Studios Florida there's HRRR (supports); at SFOG there's Georgia Scorcher (track); at Carowinds there's Nighthawk (track); at SFKK there was Chang (track); at SFAmerica there's Batwing (track) & Mind Eraser (track); at CP there TTD (supports), Wicked Twister (supports) & Iron Dragon (supports); at Dorney Park there's Talon (track) & Possessed (supports); at SFMM there's Scream (supports); at Knott's Berry Farm there's Montezooma's Revenge (supports); at Canada's Wonderland there's Behemoth (tracks); at Holiday Park there's Super Wirbel (track); at Heide Park there's Desert Race (supports); at Bakken there's Tornado (track); and then there's Storm Runner's trains.
That's about all the coasters that I've ridden or, in the case of I-305, will ride (other than kiddie coasters) that I can remember as being somewhat yellow, but I'm sure I left something out.
So I have to go with HRRR & TTD for now, but I'm sure I-305 will be at the top of the list after next weekend.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I always thought Medusa's tracks were more of a lime green than yellow.

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Can't really think of many that I've ridden:

1. Eagle Fortress - One of THE best steel coasters, which happens to be yellow
2. Kawasemi - Excellent coaster
3. Ummm Black Hole 2000? - Rubbish, but can't think of any more off the top of my head

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Could I count Mantis, as its track is mostly yellow with the exception of the red rail tie's?

Theres obviously Rage...

Oh and Wicked Twister.

I can't think of any others I have done.

I would rate them:

1) Wicked Twister - as its awesome.
2) Rage - as its real good fun.
3) Mantis - as its not so much fun. Though I do love that little sideways hill pre-MCBR. Thats awesome.

Edit: 4) Corkscrew - Meh.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
I think the only ones I've done are Tami Tami, Corkscrew and Millennium Coaster so I'd rank them as so:

1. Millennium Coaster
2. Corkscrew
3. Tami Tami

ryan462

Hyper Poster
1.Rage
2.Tornado
3.Tami-Tami
4.Mighty Mini Mega

Can't think of any others

[Edit] I think the Flying Dutchman at Walibi World is yellow :)

Jake

Strata Poster
Batman La Fuga! I would add an emo heart or something but this Latvian keyboard has all the keys over the wrong buttons...

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
I always thought Medusa's tracks were more of a lime green than yellow.

Maybe I'm just color blind but Medusa has always been seen as bright yellow to me. I've never understood the green part.

A

Anonymous

Rage had to be my favourite. Hilarious topic, there arent many yellow coasters!