What's new

The Best Single of 2009

Jools

Giga Poster
I noticed there was a best albums 2009, so what are your favourite singles of 2009.

Persoanlly:
Evacuate The Dancefloor - Cascada
Remedy - Little Boots
Boys & Girls - Pixie Lott
Boom Boom Pow & I Gotta Feeling - BEP
Poker face, Just Dance, Bad Romance, LoveGame & Paparazzi- Lady GaGa
TiK ToK - Ke$ha
The Fear - Lily Allen
When Love Takes Over - DG & KR
Ego - Saturdays
Outta Here - Esmee Denters
Down - Jay Sean
Sweet Dreams - Beyonce

Are some of my favourites, but Lady GaGa really sums up 2009 music, especially with all of the atempts to copy her, but my favourite track from this year has to be When love Takes Over by David Guetta and Kelly Rowland, closely infront of Outta Here and Ego.

Hmmmm...

1. Bad Romance/Poker Face, Lady Gaga
2. Right Round, Flo Rida
3. If U Seek Amy, Britney Spears
4. Remedy, Little Boots
5. Dog Days are Over, Florence and the Machine

Honestly anything Lady GaGa. She definitely took this year by storm.

Out of hers probably Poker Face, because that made her even bigger than Just Dance. Although I love Paparazzi. :)

Excuse me? I like Little Boots and Lady Gaga. Does that make me a chav? I hardly call the stuff chav material to be honest anyway. You might not like it, but you have to admit they've been some of the most successful singles this year.

You ought to wash your mouth out with soap boy!

Rush said:
Excuse me? I like Little Boots and Lady Gaga. Does that make me a chav? I hardly call the stuff chav material to be honest anyway. You might not like it, but you have to admit they've been some of the most successful singles this year.

You ought to wash your mouth out with soap boy!

I'm not talking about Lady GaGa am I? I actually really like her music too.

I was talking about the **** like Cascada, Flo Rida e.t.c posted in this thread.

Pokerface and Bad Romance<3. Love both songs and all Lady Gaga's other singles are great too.
Black Eyed Peas - Boom boom Pow/ I've got a feeling
Akon - Sexy Bitch

I have a wierd atste so many people tell me. And if you think you're taste in music determines you as a chav, then sort your self out. NEVER label something as chavvy, because once you have, you can't like listen or wear it because you don't want to be a chav, as soon as you say "Cascada is for chavs", noone will be able to listen to it because people think it's chavvy, STOP GIVING GOOD STUFF TO THE CHAVS< Even hoodies you can't wear nowaday URGH! Then I swtiched to hats and scarves, oh guess what ITS CHAVVY NOW, ARE WE MEANT TO GO ROUND NAKED NOW OR IS THAT CHAVVY?!? Get me?

Early Grave by The Architects

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgZWEAhj3Uo[/youtube]

Oh yes.

I never really buy singles, so I can't isolate any of them as "the best".

One More Chance - Bloc Party
Pull My Heart Away - Jack Peñate
Sea Within A Sea - The Horrors
Day 'n' Nite - Kid Cudi vs Crookers
Always Like This - Bombay Bicycle Club

Seeing as everyone else is picking a Lady Gaga song, I'll go for Bad Romance. It's the best one she's released this year.

Life in technicolor ii - Coldplay

Cheating a little bit because it was released on their EP last year, but officially released as a single in February.

I don't think Ive listened to anything this year which I have heard and gone wow.

Cleverly, it's one of the two most played tracks in my iTunes (see that other topic), so either:

Ilya Soloviev & Poshout "Leaving Planet" (Original Mix)

or

Above & Beyond pres. OceanLab "On A Good Day" (Daniel Kandi Remix)

I think if I was pushed, I'd have to say "On A Good Day". But literally only the Daniel Kandi Remix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXTkpjP-rw8&fmt=22