What's new

The Best Queue Ever!

Waffleman

Mega Poster
You know you're in for a good ride when the queue seems like it should be an attraction in itself. And while I know Universal and Disney are going to get buckets full of mentions I'm interested to see if anyone feels that the best queue ever lies somewhere else.

Personally I think that Dueling Dragons, Indiana Jones Adventure at California and Star Tours have pretty incredible queues, but what do you think?

Blatantly Shockwave at Drayton Manor. Queueing over several floors of piss smelling, graffiti covered walls gives you a great sense of what the ride will be like. :p

Batman The Ride's extended queue. :p

Disneyland Space Mountain also has a pretty cool queue.

Flight of Fear at KI.

Jaguar's at KBF is surprising, in a good way.

Riddler's Revenge at SFMM takes you through basically the entire layout, so that's perfect for pictures.

Superman The Escape is great when it's 100 degrees outside...

And you can't forget San Diego's Journey To Atlantis.

Edit: Other than coasters, Tower of Terror and Indiana Jones definitely win for the best queue.

Fear of Flight is ok, but then so is the Dark Knight at SFGAmerica & Dragon Coaster at Marineland.
I agree with Tower of Terror & Dueling Dragons, but I also like Toy Story Midway Mania at Disney's Hollywood Studios (not California Adventure's). Watching Simpson episodes & the fun interactive final part of the Simpsons Ride queue also rock. However none of those come close to Manta at SeaWorld Orlando.

I think Tomb Blaster at Chessington has a really good themed queueline. One of the best in the UK come to think about it. Very good at building anticipation for the ride. Although I think the same can be said for Chessington's Rameses Revenge and Rattlesnake attractions too.

I'd say Manta as first, with ToT as second, and either the Simpsons Ride or the last part of the Mummy queue as third. Or DD as third.

Manta.. with all the tanks a such.. it pretty much is an attraction. Actually.. isn't it an attraction? :lol:

The attraction is actually the aquarium walk-through next to the ride entrance, but the queue does come close. :wink:
Did you check out the aquarium?

Yes definitely Manta. I've never been on it but I've seen the videos and pictures. Flight of Fear is kinda cool too, and pretty much anything at Islands of Adventure.

peep said:
I think Tomb Blaster at Chessington has a really good themed queueline. One of the best in the UK come to think about it. Very good at building anticipation for the ride. Although I think the same can be said for Chessington's Rameses Revenge and Rattlesnake attractions too.
Completely agree with that.
Also the Dragon at Legoland Windsor with the queue in the turrets of the castle and the rooms up there are very good.

Although, I have a feeling Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey will beat Manta out as my top queue.

East Coast(er) General said:
The attraction is actually the aquarium walk-through next to the ride entrance, but the queue does come close. :wink:
Did you check out the aquarium?

Definitely not.. lol

Maybe when I was 6.. I got enough of the aquarium when I went through the queue.

RnR Coaster and ToT both great, Space Mountain is pretty cool, and Everest is like a museum, first time queueing it really made the queue go, but once you've seen it all before, gets boring haha, and I really enjoy queueing for Nemesis because there is so much to look at and it has a really nice ambience. I see how they tried that with Saw, but it doesn't really work.

Tower of Terror at DisneySea is really, really impressive. It's very immersive as soon as you get inside the building. Indiana Jones at the same park is amazing, too.

However, the best queue line for me, no question, is Pharaoh's Fury at Lotte World. This video doesn't show all of it, and it's too dark to see properly, but you can get some idea:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvcTLZuDgU4[/youtube]

^That is amazing! It looks like a frigging palace!

I pretty much agree with all the ones that have been listed above, but to throw out a ride that hasn't been mentioned and probably fewer than 50 members of this site got a chance to ride: the late, great Led Zeppelin- The Ride had a pretty sweet queue. It was adorned with memorabilia, pictures, and plaques outlining pretty much the entire history of the band and some info gems that most people probably didn't know - not unlike the walls of a Hard Rock Cafe. And then of course, there was the fact that they were blasting Zeppelin over the speakers. Can't go wrong there.

And then there was the pre-show just before you boarded the train, which was really cool. Double-doors themed to one member of the band automatically opened up, you into this dark room and then they bombard you with "Whole Lotta Love" accompanied by sync'd live footage of the band playing the song, and you board the train a little past halfway through so the first drop is sync'd with Plant's long scream near the end.

Altogether, it was pretty unique and if you're a fan of Led Zep or just rock in general, it was a real treat!

May it rest in peace. :cry:

Gavin, That queue is very Disney-esque & reminds me of the one for Expedition Everest.
And I agree with madhjsp. RIP HRP (& FSMP, for that matter). Wonder what will happen with those coasters?

They're bound to be sold to other parks, I'd assume... though the B&M may have brighter days in its future than the rest of the lot. But I don't think it will ever be better than its original incarnation. Without all the Zeppelin theming and music, I imagine it's nothing special: just a run-of-the-mill B&M looper.