steel

Mega Poster
1. Leviathan
2. Millennium Force (very close)
3. I305

Haven't been on SD2k

ultradude306

Roller Poster
I've only been on Leviathan, but from what I've heard here and seen in videos, here's probably how my ranking would go.
1: i305. I like really intense rides, like the Mmindbender at the Edmonton mall (#2 fav coaster right now).
2: Leviiathan (aka L306... So want that to catch on!). Seems very similar to MF, but a bit shorter and with better airtime/forces
3: MF. To me just seems like leviathan, but more drawn out and with less airtime... Plus, I live closer to leviathan.
4: SD2K. I really don't know much about this coaster, so it's not really fair for me to judge, but frim what I've heard, it sounds like a scaled up version of the standard Morgan hypers.

Taxi

Mega Poster
1. Millennium Force & Leviathan.

Both outstanding rides, nothing to really complain about. Except they both have basic elements (Camelbacks & Overbanks).

2. I305. Fun ride, VERY forcefull. I don't really see why this had to be 305'? This coaster should of just been 205'. Why go 305' if the 95% of the track stays close to the ground? Again, 205' would of been just as good (and cheaper). It's the south, so I don't think anyone even knows or cares about a "giga coaster". To the GP, its just "that really tall one". :/

3. SD2K. Never ridden. Although this looks to be another airless Morgan.

CoasterGoddess

Roller Poster
I would change my vote (I voted Steel Dragon 2000) from what I seen with MF and I-305, I didn't think Leviathan would be any better, but after seeing the poll results and viewing Leviathan I agree I probably would like Leviathan best, and Canada is much closer than Japan.

I am planning a trip to Kings Dominion next year, so I will ride I-305 soon.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Leviathan looks to be the best, judging from the layout and general opinions of people who've ridden it. From the three I've ridden though:

1. Steel Dragon 2000 - Absolutely not just "another airless Morgan". Admittedly, it doesn't have the most inspired layout, but the height, speed, length and airtime on the returning bunny hills more than make up for it. The traditional, slower lift hill also provides more anticipation and offers great views.

2. Millennium Force - Fantastic first drop and a fun ride after that. Much better than I'd been led to believe.

3. I305 - I wasn't a fan. It's hard to put my finger on, but it just didn't click with me. Granted, I rode it with the trimmed first drop.

CoasterGoddess

Roller Poster
gavin said:
Leviathan looks to be the best, judging from the layout and general opinions of people who've ridden it. From the three I've ridden though:

1. Steel Dragon 2000 - Absolutely not just "another airless Morgan". Admittedly, it doesn't have the most inspired layout, but the height, speed, length and airtime on the returning bunny hills more than make up for it. The traditional, slower lift hill also provides more anticipation and offers great views.

2. Millennium Force - Fantastic first drop and a fun ride after that. Much better than I'd been led to believe.

3. I305 - I wasn't a fan. It's hard to put my finger on, but it just didn't click with me. Granted, I rode it with the trimmed first drop.

Thanks for you insight since you've rode 3/4. Can you elaborate what you meant by trimmed first drop and do you think under normal conditions it could change your opinion.
I have to admit going back over I-305 I saw photos of the coaster Que-line and for some reason I never heard the full name The Intimidator I-305 modeled in tribute to NASCARS Dale Earnhart. So, I do like the theme, race car theme and that goes with what I heard about the ride being wild and exciting. Maybe this trimmed first drop effected the ride as that gives it momentum and speed?

I-305 is the closest to me, yet still a long distance, so this will be my first to ride since Millineum closed in the morning minutes after I paid to enter and never opened. I really feel I wasted a lot of $$$$$$$ going the distance and Cedar Point is the rudest park I have ever been to, and the only one that was rude.
For that reason I decided to not return, maybe in another 10 years, but no time soon.
I know fans near SFMM are pissed they still don't have a mega coaster!

I'd like SFOG to get one!
Then GEORGIA will be ON MY MIND!
http://youtu.be/RkcX2Cyn9DA

A101

Mega Poster
Home park: CW Therefore: Leviathan.

No, besides that, I really, really enjoyed Leviathan, and even having ridden Millennium Force, Leviathan is just something else, and although both rides have their own elements, and characteristics, Leviathan's just appeal to me more.