What's new

Tayto Park | Cú Chulainn Coaster | Gravity Group

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: New coaster for Ireland....

Wow, so it's not just the coaster. A Dark Ride and an Air Race too. I hope they're granted permission.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Please let it be a dreadful factory tour dark ride <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peep

CF Legend

Wow, are they goons or have they been reading our forums and just know what we like? Hope it all goes forward. Will be nice to have a reason to visit Ireland ;)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Dark ride idea: shoot the potatoes. Everyone gets 0 points because there aren't any.

Emmett

Giga Poster

Can't believe this, great news :shock: . Finally something decent I don't need to leave the country for.

Well done to the owners if they can get the go ahead, I'll definitely be visiting. Hopefully this is just the start for the park being able to afford larger attractions.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year

A wild Emmett appears! Good to see the planning has gone in. Lets hope they get it =]

Posting from behind you. I have a knife...

marc

CF Legend

Good to see you post Emmett missed you on the forums.

Hope they get it as well can fly there fast than I can get to Alton lol :).

_koppen

Hyper Poster

Sounds like awesome news on the other rides, hopefully they will get the permission.

Pierre

Strata Poster

Emmett said:
Can't believe this, great news :shock: . Finally something decent I don't need to leave the country for.

Well done to the owners if they can get the go ahead, I'll definitely be visiting. Hopefully this is just the start for the park being able to afford larger attractions.

Just need Tony back now and we've got the whole Irish contingent back!!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I've had further contact with the park and they're remaining tight lipped about the dark ride.

If only there was a strumpet visiting the park shortly after planning permission is (hopefully) granted who could ask further questions...

DelPiero

Strata Poster

The original application was incomplete but a new one has been filed.
http://www.meath.ie/ePlan41/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=DA140179&LASiteID=0

Key Points

Gravity Group Coaster

Max height 30m (96ft)
Max length 1396m (4580ft)
Max speed 55mph
Capacity 530 pph
24 persons per train

Lift hill 30 sec
Top of lift hill to brake run 53 sec
Tayto2.jpg

Tayto1.jpg

CoasterLayout.jpg

Dark Ride

The dark ride is an indoor, multi sensory ride, where riders in guided vehicles travel through
specially lit scenes that typically contain animation, sound, music, and special effects. A
dark ride does not necessarily need to be dark. The building containing the dark ride will
measure approximately 548m2 and will be 13.2m in height.

Air Race / Ride

The Air Race is a motion ride which simulates the loops, banks and weightlessness associated with an
aerobatic aeroplane flight. It is manufactured by Zamerla who are based in Italy. The Air Race measures 19m at the widest point with the central diameter measuring 17m. It reaches a maximum height of 7.6m.
The Air Race has a maximum capacity of 380 visitors per hour. It takes 16 people per ride with two people on each of the 8 rotating arms.

Darren B

Giga Poster

Just to put this into perspective in terms of visiting the park in a day:-

Flights - £40-50 return
Hire car and fuel - £7.50 (based on 4 to a car)
Park entry - £10 (Cost will no doubt rise when coaster is running)
Airport parking - £4 (based on 4 to a car)

Total - £60-75 + food and drink.

That under £100 for the day. If this coaster is a good as we all hope I've no doubt we'll all be doing this trip on a regular basis. Even the Thorpe fanboys could manage this trip.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

Definitely, the plans don't go into any detail of the dark ride except a mockup draft pic, could be anything.
To get round the layout that quickly it should keep the speed as well, very excited for this.

Casio

Mega Poster

That length of track/duration of ride thing is almost unbelievable; the ride is 1396m long (assuming by max they mean it will actually be that long), assume about 200m taken up by station, lift and brake run. Then for it to cover the remaining distance in 53 seconds it will have to be travelling at an average of 50.5 mph. Surely that can't be right?

marc

CF Legend
New coaster for Ireland....

Darren B said:

Flights - £40-50 return

That under £100 for the day. If this coaster is a good as we all hope I've no doubt we'll all be doing this trip on a regular basis. Even the Thorpe fanboys could manage this trip.

It's cheaper for us to get there than it is for a day at Alton Towers and it's quicker to get there lol.

I hope they add more over time though.

EthC

Mega Poster

I love the fact that the trains on the Concept art look like B&M floorless ones, lol

Tomatron

Giga Poster

Darren B said:

Flights - £40-50 return

Planning it out, it would take me less time to get to Tayto Park than Thorpe Park from my house, and cost less with cheap flights.

Lofty

CF Legend

EthC said:
I love the fact that the trains on the Concept art look like B&M floorless ones, lol
It's the old Khan trains, or rather the old coloured trains. Ha.