What's new

Taipan (Download and Video Page 4)

Brookes

Giga Poster
I haven't done a proper coaster for a while, so I've decided to start a new project, a Vekoma Custom SLC. It isn't named at the moment but some of the layout is done. This will be my first ride to include 3Ds (hopefully) including a custom station. First screens:

1-090315165201000.jpg

1-090315165218001.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It might be the angle in the bottom picture but the exit of the loop seems far too close to the entrance.

Are you going for a spread out layout or the normal SLC twisting track?

Brookes

Giga Poster
Well Vekoma loops entrances/exits don't need to be spread out as the wheels are on the inside but I may make the gap a bit wider. And I've done more of a layout and it is going to be pretty compact like normal SLCs.

EDIT: Made it wider now and looks ok.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
What if you stick your arm out of the car, thats what you should consider when doing clearances.

I know it's unlikely (almost impossible) but imagine a train is on the exit AND the entrance. thne imagine the riders have their arms out on either side. Thats the kinda clearance you should have on both sides.

Or tunnel test both sides.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Corkscrew looks fine. I must remember to sort out my SLC, but right now I can't be bothered supporting an invert as big as mine.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Hmm, ditch the cork, and toss in a rollover (an extended cork). Looks better on the SLCs.

coasteraddict10

Mega Poster
Xpress said:
Hmm, ditch the cork, and toss in a rollover (an extended cork). Looks better on the SLCs.

What the hell are you one about? Rollovers=extended corks?
Are you sure your not on about inline twists?
Inline twist:
p18624.jpg

Rollover:
traumma2.jpg

-CA

Brookes

Giga Poster
Update Time!

I have now finished all the layout but due to not building many coasters recently I feel my trackwork isn't as good as some of my other projects. Anyway now for pictures:

I have changed the corkscrew to more of an extended inline twist which seems more favourable to inverts as shown from a birds-eye view:

1-090317173849001.jpg

And here is a general overview of the layout:

1-090317173835000.jpg

Will soon start to terraform and then add supports, will leave making (my first)3Ds to the end I think.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
That's not a bad layout actually. I like the looks of that. Seems like something you might see them do these days. Looks very nice.

Xpress

Strata Poster
coasteraddict10 said:
Xpress said:

What the hell are you one about? Rollovers=extended corks?
Are you sure your not on about inline twists?
Inline twist:
p18624.jpg

Rollover:
traumma2.jpg

-CA

People refer to the Vekoma/Arrow "Rollover" element to a sidewinder, or sea serpent roll, rather then a rollover. An inline twist is negativemly heartlined to push the riders into their seats, rather then give them 0g, or hangtime. A rollover (my term) is an extended corkscrew. I've been at this for 3 1/2 years, I think I know my stuff ;)

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
...Except that SLC's (standard) have a Rollover (2 inversions), Sidewinder (picture with Infusion above), and 2 inline twists (not rollovers as you call them). They're termed inline twists.

Brookes

Giga Poster
The Grape Wizard: Not really thought about colours that will come in once I start supporting.

CedarPoint6: Thanks for the comment, it really helps to motivate me to finish the ride.

Terraforming hopefully starting soon then will move onto supporting.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Update!

Terraforming has been done and I have started to mess around with the colours. Also, a little supporting has been done on the lift, this is the first time I have ever custom supported an invert so if you have any tips or advice please tell me! Anyway now onto a couple of screens showing the terraforming, the colours and the supports so far:

1-090320173930000.jpg

1-090320173954001.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I quite like the colours. They seem very SLC to me, if you know what I mean.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Thanks for the comments guys, glad you like the colours and the layout. Work is progressing slowly, but I am getting some done. New screen for you:

1-090326203543000.jpg

Lift supports are done, and now I hope to do more supporting and get it done in a shorter space of time than the lift ones have taken.