What's new

SWSA | Tidal Surge | Worlds Largest S&S Screamin' Swing

Matt N

CF Legend
Ooh, how interesting; good find @Pear! The question is; what sort of attraction could represent a puffer fish?

Maybe a spinning coaster? Or a dome ride like Turtle Trek at SeaWorld Orlando?

Matt N

CF Legend
I'm not sure how common of an opinion this is, but within the next decade or so, I think that the SeaWorld and Busch Gardens parks could very well match or even usurp Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks as the go-to coaster park destinations in America! They seem to be going big as of late, and getting the very latest and greatest in ride technology!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm not sure how common of an opinion this is, but within the next decade or so, I think that the SeaWorld and Busch Gardens parks could very well match or even usurp Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks as the go-to coaster park destinations in America! They seem to be going big as of late, and getting the very latest and greatest in ride technology!
I think they're clearly throwing money at rides now so that when the orcas are gone, they'll still be left with parks people want to visit. Makes sense to start now rather than later.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
I think they're clearly throwing money at rides now so that when the orcas are gone, they'll still be left with parks people want to visit. Makes sense to start now rather than later.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
That makes sense actually; now they've stopped breeding orcas, they need something else to pull people in and put the shenanigans surrounding Blackfish behind them, and rides are a perfect way to do that!

They are also keeping the animals at the forefront, but the increased ride focus definitely seems to be working for them thus far!

This is quite interesting! The next coaster I could see for SeaWorld San Antonio is a modern looping coaster, since their only inverting coaster is Great White from 1997. Perhaps a dive coaster or Mack Rides Xtreme spinner could be coming?
I was thinking either an Extreme Spinner or maybe, a Mack Spinning Coaster, like a Sierra Sidewinder or Storm Chaser at Paultons. Like your sitting inside a giant puffa fish, swimming and spinning on an ocean blue track. They could go classic and go for a Maurer Sohne spinner...

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
SWSA is the only park in the chain without a Premier LSM coaster. Could we be seeing another SRII?
I believe Tigris, Tempesto, and Electric Eel were part of a 3-coaster package deal with Premier Rides. However, Ice Breaker seems to negate my assumption that Busch only worked with Premier Rides for those 3 coasters. I don't personally see a Skyrocket II in SeaWorld San Antonio's future, but a more extreme version of Ice Breaker could be right up their alley.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I believe Tigris, Tempesto, and Electric Eel were part of a 3-coaster package deal with Premier Rides. However, Ice Breaker seems to negate my assumption that Busch only worked with Premier Rides for those 3 coasters. I don't personally see a Skyrocket II in SeaWorld San Antonio's future, but a more extreme version of Ice Breaker could be right up their alley.

The thing with Ice Breaker is it was at least partly built to fill in the huge hole in SWO's lineup. Of thrilling rides with a height limit below the higher 54inch B&Ms. (Ice Breaker is 48inches)

SWSA already has a few rides like this with Steel Eel, Wave Breaker and I assume the new GCI. So it doesnt really need an Ice Breaker style ride. (oddly the height limit of Tempesto and its clones is nearer the B&Ms) And a multi launch coaster like Ice Breaker would cover a niche already covered by Wave Breaker.

If i had to take a shot in the dark I'd go for a Mack spinner here. Its a niche not covered at SWSA and SW have worked with Mack in the past to good effect.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
This is a park with a lot of space on their hands for large new rides, but also a park desperately in need of more animal exhibits. I would not be surprised to see a ride/animal combo attraction come in 2021.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
The thing with Ice Breaker is it was at least partly built to fill in the huge hole in SWO's lineup. Of thrilling rides with a height limit below the higher 54inch B&Ms. (Ice Breaker is 48inches)

SWSA already has a few rides like this with Steel Eel, Wave Breaker and I assume the new GCI. So it doesnt really need an Ice Breaker style ride. (oddly the height limit of Tempesto and its clones is nearer the B&Ms) And a multi launch coaster like Ice Breaker would cover a niche already covered by Wave Breaker.

If i had to take a shot in the dark I'd go for a Mack spinner here. Its a niche not covered at SWSA and SW have worked with Mack in the past to good effect.
I concur; that's why I included the "more extreme" bit when referring to an Ice Breaker-style ride. I could see something like Dragonfire (but obviously less tall and fast) coming to SeaWorld San Antonio, rather than a more family friendly coaster like Ice Breaker, since they already have Wave Breaker.