Which direction??

• Inwards...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Outwards...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kebab

Giga Poster
I'm not the "biggest" fan of spinning-swing type flat rides, they tend to make me very queasy and can risk ruining my day (by making me ill).

I find outwards a lot easier to ride than inwards; you get a better sense of where you are going, and it's generally a lot more enjoyable to ride. Maelstrom is a good example of an "outwards" or "Gyro-Swing" type, however I don't find the airtime or forcefulness to be as intense as people make out, I do love the sense of speed as you whoosh past the floor though, other than that itt's actually rather tame.

Inward facing swings on the other hand, feel really dated by todays standards. They look more catered for travelling funfairs rather than Theme Parks, they're just not very interesting at all, Vortex is paled in comparison to Rush and Slammer at Thorpe Park. The motions tend to make me very ill, watching people scream in front of you and the world blur in the background isn't very pleasant. I must give them kudos for hitting some often powerful G's at points, but long-cycles can be a pain.

Outwards it is :)

Outwards.. Maxair is my favourite flat and the outward seating is cool because you get an unobstructed view of the ground. Inwards is cool to see everyone else laughing and having a good time, but yah, outwards is the better ride experience.

CMonster

Giga Poster
I haven't actually been on an outwards one, but I think it would be cooler than the inwards one I did at Dorney.

Ha, this topic could be about belly buttons. :wink:

Ben

CF Legend
Outwards <3

Apart from SOME 24-seater After Burners, the inside facing ones SUCK.

But, Maelstrom, Spin Spider and... one other one I can't think of, were all kick ass! And the one at Canada's Wonderland WOULD have been awesome, but, it was the program that REALLY spited that!

Outwards ones are awesome, inwards I don't even BOTHER.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
^ Oo powerful words ha!

I love these types of rides. I really enjoy inward ones, but outward ones are much better. Gives the opportunity for near misses when your swinging through the station, plus it creates a much more unique ride because you can see around you so much. It is quite suckable staring at a stranger throughout an entire ride, but inward ones, such as Pendulus or Eagles Claw, are still pretty awesome.

Outwards ones wouldn't be able to spin as much as, for example, the Huss models like Pendulus that face inwards, but the air and the views are much better than the spinning.

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
A-Kid said:
Vortex and Maxair are the things I done.

Vortex is good if you get the right seat. Get the low seat and you will be bored.

Maxair I think I could sit anywhere and be garanteed a good ride. I loved Maxair.

So Outwards FTW.

You cant compare Vortex and Maxair, when they are like 60ft apart. Obiously Maxair is huge so you will always get a good ride.
Vortex on the other hand isnt as big so you can get a seat which is low!

Mountain Madman

Mega Poster
^ Just because they're bigger doesn't always mean they're better. Take woodies, for example; Son of Beast and Mean Streak are regarded as little more than firewood (hell, one of them actually has the chance of BEING firewood), while the smaller GCI's have gotten good reviews.

So, my point: bigger isn't always better. :wink: