Which direction??

• Inwards...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Outwards...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Which seating direction do you gives the best ride on these things...

tornado.jpg

Facing inwards or...

blizzard%202.JPG

... Facing outwards??

Photos from Coasterforce

Ollie

CF Legend
Inwards is more fun as you can see everyone's faces and who feel ill. Facing outwards gives a slightly more thrilling ride as it feels you're going higher if you're facing up at full swing.
But If I had to choose It'd be facing inwards.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Outwards without a doubt.

I don't like the way you only see other people on inward facing ones. It can be funny to see their expressions, but it's not what I really ride it for.

I love facing outwards, the spinning/swinging feeling is much better facing outwards. I really liked Maelstrom, thought it was great, the outwards seating really works.

So yeah, outwards for me. Offers a better ride experience I think.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Outwards. Seeing the sky/ground without any riders in front of you is clearly superior. Also, it gives the feeling that you're strapped onto the contraption, not safely locked into a "cage".

So, outwards for the view.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Sitting inwards is always pleasant, as Ollie said, as you see people's faces. I also find it more forceful.

However, there is sufficiently more air-time (well, a tiny bit) on the outside. Thus, I shall select outside.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
This is basically Vortex vs Maelstrom...

Each one has their merits, but I've had more consistently good rides on Maelstrom...

So chalk one up for the outsiders... (And Drayton for that matter :lol:)

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Vortex and Maxair are the things I done.

Vortex is good if you get the right seat. Get the low seat and you will be bored.

Maxair I think I could sit anywhere and be garanteed a good ride. I loved Maxair.

So Outwards FTW.

Ollie

CF Legend
Haha. Memories of Steven and Vortex at GhosterForce.
He asked to sit on the sit that went highest and the staff said no. He then said he knew which seat it was and ended up on the bottom each time. Never lol'ed so much before.
Also...
"You've got bid **** on you"
Random Chav "Yeah you have" :lol:

Rush

Giga Poster
Outwards because facing inwards makes me feel really sick. My last ride on Vortex in February, eurgh I was pretty close to puking. Maelstrom however, I found enjoyable and not displeasing to the stomach.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Outwards hands down. Inwards is fun, but there are certain sensations on outward facing seats that you don't get elsewhere. For instance when you face forward on a downswing, you get that amazing feeling of flying through the station with an unobstructed view.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Haha I've rode two innys and two outys... (Eagles Claw/Vortex & Maelstrom/Flip Flop)...

So going on that... I enjoy Eagles Claw more than any of them, but Vortex definitely comes at the bottom... Maelstrom and Flip Flop ALWAYS provide good rides (just not as amazing as Eagles Claw does)... so based on what I've rode... outys for consistency.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Outside, better views and airtime. The inward facing ones think they have an open invitation to spin too fast, which ends up ruining it.