What's new

Sweetest thing you have done for your Girl

bmac

Giga Poster
The sweetest thing I did for a girlfriend was a complete tune up on her car for free. The **** was basically so worn out everything needed to be replaced so I dropped about $600 doing so (parts, not labor).

Please no sappy prom proposal **** in this thread, that's a waste of time and resources.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Passed a note under the desk and asked her to hold my hand in the playground.

Then got on a ferry to France.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I once placed my cloak over a puddle so she didn't get her feet wet. Then I realised that it wasn't 1598 so I poured water in her shoes when we got home.

I used to watch one of my ex girlfriends play football. It was painful and unattractive to watch, but at the time it was worth it I suppose.

Error

Strata Poster
Went a hour out of my way to leave a rose on her doorstep, and let her find it. I got a text soon afterwards. She thought it was sweet.

Sent while out and about

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Tapped her on the top of the head to give her a warning...

But in all seriousness, I gave her a ring, she liked that better.

Not a girl.. But I suppose for a guy it would have to be all the thousands and thousands of dollars I spend to go to England four times in a year to see him :p . I buy "just because" pressies sometimes and such which I think is fairly sweet :p .

I also walked to the parking lot my boyfriend (wow feels weird saying that after so long) parks in for work and wrote a note/left it on the windshield.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Joint bank account - what more could a girl ever ask for?

Mark

Strata Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
I also walked to the parking lot my boyfriend (wow feels weird saying that after so long) parks in for work and wrote a note/left it on the windshield.

Isn't that just stalking? :p xx

^ Nah. His parking lot is literally right across the street from my uni. He thought it was jokes so it was all good :p . He liked the "I love bacon" Christmas bulb I bought him today, I thought that was fab as well.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... I guess my "sweetest" thing would be...
Probably "facing the facts, agreeing to stay in the friend zone and not pressing the matter any further".

Yay.

nadroJ

CF Legend
^The sweetest thing you did for a girl who just wanted to be your friend was to stop harassing her and pushing for something more than that? Wow, what a gentleman you are.

This friendzone stuff is absolute ****.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Not exactly. To tell it outright, I had a crush on a girl in class. It probably wasn't mutual, but I was too dumb to realize without asking outright, too shy to ask outright, and she was too nice/shy to tell. It took far too long before I told her that I liked her (think "pathetically long", multiply by two and add a few more weeks for good measure), and she said something like that she enjoyed my company, but only as a friend (probably an inaccurate translation, it's not like I didn't listen). We kept hanging out at school, but kinda drifted apart after school ended. The matter wasn't brought up again. It's not like I was bullying her, at least not intentionally.

But yes, I don't think I've done anything else that would qualify for being more "romantic" than that. To say the least, love is a game I'm laughably bad at.