Which is more unique

• Velocity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RITA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sean

Mega Poster
As part of a survey I am conducting for a project, please tell me....

In terms of 'Uniqueness', which coaster gets your vote...

RITA or Velocity?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Uniqueness it's obviously Velocity - I sense Flamingoland bias questions though ;)

Ben

CF Legend
Actually, I'm going to make a case for Rita.

Rita did something that no other Accelerator had done, and, still, very few Accelerators have done since. It's about a Mega style layout, with hills and corners instead of going high or inversions. This sets it apart from almost every other Accelerator, except the clone :p

Velocity did exactly the same thing as the original of its type did, and what every one built since (even regardless of company), has also done.

Velocity may have the seating position, but, even that has been done to death now.

Rita.

sean

Mega Poster
furie said:
Uniqueness it's obviously Velocity - I sense Flamingoland bias questions though ;)

lol, I can see your thinking Phil.
On the contrary the reason for the poll is to gain an unbiased result, as opposed to me being the judge.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Bollocks.

It's a loaded question. In terms of "uniqueness," you know damned well that Velocity is going to "win" as it's the only motorbike-style launch that most people voting will have ridden, since it's the only one in the UK, and there are very few of them worldwide either. It is, arguably, more unique than Rita, but that doesn't mean to say it's better at all.

We'll have to see what you do with Velocity's "result" I guess.

Jake

Strata Poster
Ben said:
Actually, I'm going to make a case for Rita.

Rita did something that no other Accelerator had done, and, still, very few Accelerators have done since. It's about a Mega style layout, with hills and corners instead of going high or inversions. This sets it apart from almost every other Accelerator, except the clone :p

Velocity did exactly the same thing as the original of its type did, and what every one built since (even regardless of company), has also done.

Velocity may have the seating position, but, even that has been done to death now.

Rita.

That's what I was thinking. Even though Desert Race spites Rita's 'individuality', at least Rita came first. Velocity offered nothing that you couldn't get at Toverland before it was built.

sean

Mega Poster
gavin said:
^Bollocks.

It's a loaded question. In terms of "uniqueness," you know damned well that Velocity is going to "win" as it's the only motorbike-style launch that most people voting will have ridden, since it's the only one in the UK, and there are very few of them worldwide either. It is, arguably, more unique than Rita, but that doesn't mean to say it's better at all.

We'll have to see what you do with Velocity's "result" I guess.

calm down Gavin, I'm not saying Velocity is better in the eyes of the enthusiast community. It is in my opinion and that's why I put the question to a poll, so that the overall results reflect the overall view of the community. Ben has pointed out a fact about the uniqueness of these rides so perhaps that may reflect on the outcome of the poll, either way I don't really care who comes out on top, I'll just edit the project to reflect the results. Yes I am a Dingo fanboy but I don't want my project to echo that.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Prior to the Dark Forest, I think Rita deserves uniqueness points for being a dinosaur car racing themed coaster :lol:

This sets it apart from almost every other Accelerator, except the clone.
Except for Supeman Escape, and Senzafiato.

sean

Mega Poster
Don't read too much into this poll, I'm not on a mission to prove a fanboy point, it's just to see which coaster you think is more unique, not better. It's a result I need to complete part of my new project which is a 'top trumps' style series. I can acquire factual parts of the project through sources like 'rcdb', but how can you measure a comparison of uniqueness? Only through a poll really.

Ben

CF Legend
Gazza said:
This sets it apart from almost every other Accelerator, except the clone.
Except for Supeman Escape, and Senzafiato.

Both of which came after Rita :wink:

Plus, Superman is also about "the tophat thing", it just ALSO has hills and turns. Rita doesn't, it's just hills and turns, and thus, pretty unique. And to be honest, Senzafiato is so close to being squashed-Rita, I'd be tempted to lump it with the clone.

Still, compared to the OVERALL amount of launched coasters, they all do quite a unique thing. Whereas Velocity is 100% typical of its type.

Neither of them are particularly unique, I mean, Velocity has cute little seats and stuff, but all the layout is, is basically a few hills and turns. Hardly anything to write home about, but the same kind of applies to Rita, because there isn't much to it. But, I'm going to agree with those that said it did something relatively unique to an Intamin launcher in the way that it didn't try to go super high or super fast.

So, none are particularly unique, but I guess I'll go with Rita.

andrus

Giga Poster
I'll go with Rita hence it's the first of it's kind (close to the ground intamin launcher) while Velocity is the second of it's kind (Booster Bike at Toverland was first).