What's new

Sunway Lagoon To Build Wild Mouse Water Coaster

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
A small but weird bit of news. Sunway Lagoon in Malaysia is building a new coaster for 2016 from Interpark.

The ride is essentially a mash up between a wild mouse and a water coaster with a series of sharp turns and small drops before a larger hill into a splash down below. This ride kind of maker sense for what is essentially a water park with some dry rides but it is a little odd.

The coaster will feature hovercraft themed cars and aprox 984ft of track

12096423_1479762512329142_618340755480819358_n.png

Source

TilenB

Strata Poster
I've seen it being added to rcdb, but I didn't have an idea on what kind of water coaster is it going to be. I think it is going to be made by Interlink, not Interpark. I doubt that Italians have ever worked with water, while the British company has built quite a number of water rides already.

Lofty

CF Legend
This is a bizarre coaster, but it may actually be quite fun and the 'added extra' to normal mouse coasters is a nice touch.

TilenB

Strata Poster
To think of it, the concept of the Wild Mouse Water coaster isn't exactly new. L&T Systems has built a travelling model a couple of years ago. Only one has ever been sold and it travels Spain with showman Bañuls. I saw it being set up in a fair in Tenerife, but the fair was to start a week after I was gone, so spite. Weird thing about the Spanish one are the gigantic propellers each train has to get them back to the station.

1371.jpg

1374.jpg

1373.jpg

http://www.selvaencantada.es/principal.php

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
A wild mouse that swaps out a final brake run of death for a comfortable splashdown? Count me in! :razz: