What's new

Sun World Hon Thom Nature Park I Roaring Timbers | GCI Terrain Woodie | 2022

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Pho Quoc is becoming Vietnam's hotspot for coasters visibly. This and Wrath of Zeus.

Also, the good thing about investing in huge coasters now is that many other suppliers have caught up and considerably improved their game. A large scale Vekoma launch and a new GCI woodies now sounds arguably better than their early 00s counterpart.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
That's a gorgeous little ride. Looks short, but I absolutely love the terrain usage. I feel like if Thorpe was to get a woodie for Project Exodus, it would be something like this, minus the terrain usage.

davidm

Strata Poster
Looked this place up on maps.

Its on a tiny little island, off the coast of a somewhat bigger island, off the bottom corner of Vietnam/Cambodia.

Awesome.

Rare points to the first goon there, and kudos to the construction crew - not the easiest location. :)

Rupert

Mega Poster
IMG-20211201-WA0008.jpg
I know the focus is on the amazing-looking coaster, but can we have a minute to discuss the ridiculous cable car in the distance? Absolutely enormous concrete support towers with crazy distances and cable sag between them!

Ries

Mega Poster
This looks really nice.
The last twisty turns look amazing. Want to see a pov of this one.

JustLarry

Roller Poster
So why does it look like the pillars from the first drop are right on the return sides track?

Attachments

• 8F170B9B-9B68-4473-854E-F953EC6301C7.jpeg
    8F170B9B-9B68-4473-854E-F953EC6301C7.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 36

Indy

Hyper Poster
So why does it look like the pillars from the first drop are right on the return sides track?
They are just next to it. It's likely because the return side is banking to the right and there is no space to laterally brace this turn on the left side due to the bottom of the first drop. So, they built up tall footers to absorb that load.