What's new

Sun World Da Nang Wonders Vietnam | Unknown | 2 Intamin Coasters

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
@gavin, remind me - the inverted coaster wasn't up and running when you visited recently?
No, it wasn't. The track was complete and there were cars on the track, all still covered in plastic. The ground under it was still a bit of a mess, but it looked ready for testing. I wouldn't be surprised if it's open by now. If not, it can't be far off.

Matt N

CF Legend
The invert looks to have an unbelievably boring layout. The launch coaster looks cool though.
I think the reason for the invert's layout is because it looks like a roller soaker type ride. At least its predecessor was, anyway.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I think the reason for the invert's layout is because it looks like a roller soaker type ride. At least its predecessor was, anyway.
It seems like they've pretty much copied the original layout, which seems weird.

Oh, the launch coaster is crap as well. Short and boring.

thecraneguy

Roller Poster
The only reason the launch coaster is short and boring is because it used the footers from Maximum RPM!/Round About/Paradise Falls.

Matt N

CF Legend
It seems like they've pretty much copied the original layout, which seems weird.

Oh, the launch coaster is crap as well. Short and boring.
Ah right. Thanks @gavin! Out of interest, is it known whether the ride will utilise water effects like its predecessor did when it was located at Freestyle Music Park?

About the launch coaster, interesting to hear you call it boring. One of the things that Juvelen at Djurs Sommerland seems to be so highly regarded for is its force, so maybe Intamin have taken more of a family/kid-oriented approach with this ride to make it less daunting to young children.
EDIT: Just saw the part about it using the footers from Round About. So maybe it's not an Intamin design decision.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I love Juvelen and Jet Rescue, so this was really disappointing. It just doesn't do anything.

TilenB

Strata Poster

One of the strangest park adverts I have ever seen. Highway Boats is now OPEN! :)
And its so weird I love it.
its-hard-to-have-gay-time-on-your-own-goldengay-3629478.png

Catmaydo

Roller Poster
Even for a family coaster, that looks so underwhelming; I just don't get what the brief would have been for this. If it was heavily themed, or it was winding through the trees it would make sense that it's so slow and meandering, but it's just there...with the most aggressive MCBR for a slow coaster.

Lofty

CF Legend
The only thing I feel watching that video is sorrow, for the gays' girlfriends who clearly don't realise their boyfriends are also boyfriends.

This looks poo.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Wait, these coasters were both opened some 16 months ago, and nobody unsticked the thread? That's weird...