What's new

Strongest coaster theming in the UK?

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Colossus, back when it opened had a great theme and feel to it. The whole area was one big consistent theme, the foliage, water (now concreted over... sigh), music, the pathway winding over the ride area... it's definitely not been kept well unfortunately which is a shame, it could be so much better.

I always liked the sneaky (perhaps unintentional) nod to the Thorpe Fire with Nemesis Inferno too. It's subtle, but the ride is literally (alongside Detonator) in the place of what was lost to the fire.

Vampire in its older form would have been a solid contender. Those bat cars, the tunnel (now stripped back to the basics), the whole Transylvania section... bloody marvellous. The station is still one of the best we have, now the organ player is working again.

Archie

Mega Poster
th13teen is an interesting one, ok i know most of the theming is the forest its in and almost the entire show building is covered in scaffolding but it works, especially the drop track which really does feel like you have fallen into some mysterious place and the way the train very quickly backs out into the tunnels gives you the feeling you are in a place you really shouldn't be

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
If Thirteen had a clearer back story that was explained it might stand a chance but foe me its Wickerman, Swarm and Saw. Saw last on the list as the majority or the outdoor section isn't themed unlike Swarm.

Sandman

Giga Poster
If Thirteen had a clearer back story that was explained it might stand a chance but foe me its Wickerman, Swarm and Saw. Saw last on the list as the majority or the outdoor section isn't themed unlike Swarm.

But the Saw exterior theme is supposed to resemble an abandoned warehouse in a remote, unspecified location.

Perfectly executed by Merlin. One of the only coasters I know of that you can graffiti and vandalise and actually improve the realism 😂 surprised Merlin haven’t tagged it as the worlds only interactively themed coaster.