Strange security measures at Thorpe..

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Xpress said:
furie said:
Xpress said:
If they tried to do that here I'd gladly leave and file a complaint against the park.

You can if you want, but you're only allowed onto their property with their permission. You can either accept the terms of their invite, or leave. It's not your "right" to be allowed to wander onto somebody else's property just because "you're offering them money". They have the right to refuse to let you enter if you refuse to abide by their rules.

At least that's how it is over here - which is sensible. So it's probably different over there... Like they get to shoot you if you go into their park without an invite :)

We have invasion of personal property laws here, so I can infact file a complaint against the park if they try to search me using anything but a metal detector.

Yes, but they can refuse you entry if you refuse to the search. You can't do anything if they say "you agree to a search or leave". The choice is yours. You may not like the choice, but they don't have to invite you in.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I've been searched twice, the first time was at GF and it almost made me late for the meet. It is ridiculous, they make you feel like such a criminal and I mean seriously, I know I look like a bit of a goffickkk but I don't think I look like a troublemaker...

The second time was this year. It's just frustrating because if you're like me once you've got through the faff of payment etc. you just want to get into the park, not stand around being made to feel like a terrorist.

tks

Strata Poster
Sounds a bit like trying to get into Oceana on a wednesday night.

"What's this?"
"Chewing Gum"
"Oh well it could be ROHYPNOL FLAVOUR!!!!! I'm gonna have that for myself" *chomp chomp* <-- actually saw a guard do that once.

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
Same thing happened to me earlier this month.

I totally understand security measures, but if you're gonna search people then search everyone. Only then are you actually guaranteed to catch those who might be up to mischief. It might be impractical, but it's only fair.

It was without doubt the most unfriendly welcome I've ever had at a theme park.

Nic

Strata Poster
I'm not a chav. I don't do drugs. I don't carry weapons.

I've never been searched at a park (apart from the ones that search EVERYONE, then it'll just be a quick look in the top of your bag), so it's unlikely to happen in the future.

Therefore, keep at it. The more searches, the better, I'd say.

Actually, to hell with it, I think they should instate mandatory IQ tests at the gates. If you fail, you get refused entry, without a refund.

Yeah, if I ran a park, it'd be awesome.

OfficialAltonTowers

Roller Poster
I Remember this happening @ Alton once for about a week they searched random people in the queue to get into the park, the explanation the gave was that "there was an offensive weapon captured on a cctv image after a guest complained, and the park was trying to protect their guests by the apperance of marked police officers and random spot checks on entrance to the parks", maybe something similar has happend @ Thorpe.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
I got thoroughly searched when I went to Thorpe 2 weeks ago. It was on a day when loads of schools were there, so I assumed it was just because of all the school knife crime and drugs, you know, a check to make sure there's nothing dangerous going into the park.

Whilst yes it IS helpful and for everyones safety, is is however very frustrated being delayed by half an hour to wait to be checked for 'offensive items' I'm not even carrying...

But still, considering the amount of chavs that visit Thorpe I'd say it's a good idea...