What's new

Stealth restraints?, as it is? or just Lap bar?

Which Resraints for stealth?

• As it is now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lap Bars only?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
^Actually, I was shocked at the amount of airtime there was. I was with you in the debate, but Stealth changed my mind.

Having ridden an Intamin mega and two Intamin woodies, I can safely say that their t-bars are wonderful restraints, and i'd love to find out what they're like on an accelerator. I imagine that you feel a lot free-er than you do with the OTSRs. I don't think they affect airtime, they just make you feel a bit more locked in and less exposed.

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
As for the Stealth argument, if you think Stealth was really that much airtime (I've read American reviews that said the exact things I predicted), you guys should come over here to the U.S. You would be OVERWHELMED by the airtime on our coasters.

We have a lot of good airtime machines in Europe. EGF, Goliath, Balder. Just a few to mention. :wink:

and yes I agree. I wouldn't expect airtime on Stealth. :)

Almost

Hyper Poster
c&r said:
UC, don't you find that those restraints are really heavy though?

I found it heavy. Yes, but the only problem with this was coming out of the seat at the end.

I love these restraints as much as I love the B&M clam shells. Well, I don't know about that.

A

Anonymous

Actually UC, I said Stealth had airtime as it does, and my point was that with Lap Bars it would be greater!

Also, unless ive misunderstood your post on the previous page, you said something along the lines of, "as soon as TTD or Xcel. get OTSR's you can say goodbye airtime". That isnt an exact quote, but that was the message. So surely, if your saying lapbars give you no airtime, then having OTSR's on them would mean you would get airtime. Anyway im not going to continue to dispute if you reply, because you get boring.

Almost

Hyper Poster
theslammed said:
Actually UC, I said Stealth had airtime as it does, and my point was that with Lap Bars it would be greater!

Also, unless ive misunderstood your post on the previous page, you said something along the lines of, "as soon as TTD or Xcel. get OTSR's you can say goodbye airtime". That isnt an exact quote, but that was the message. So surely, if your saying lapbars give you no airtime, then having OTSR's on them would mean you would get airtime. Anyway im not going to continue to dispute if you reply, because you get boring.

No, he was saying that the lap bars pin you. He said on all the acellerators, Xcell had the worste airtime.

Lauz

Roller Poster
Mat said:
I would prefer the lap bars as you get more freedom.

On stealth as you are going over the bunny hop the braking is so harsh that I am thrown into the restraints and as the braking is very harsh. Yes I know that it is my fault for having my hands up.... but isnt that what you should do on a roller coaster? :lol:

Maybe so, but with OTSR'S you get more a feel of safty. At the moment Stealth restraint as OTHS get my vote, as you get the feel of safty, i know lapbars give the sense of feeling more free. But as said, i feel safty comes first?

Johnny

Hyper Poster
The o-t-s restrains ruins the experience. Why didn't they get a few more elements from the Xcelerator design?? It would be way funner. I spose Rita could've done with lap-restraints

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Getting seriously pissed off with you now.

If you keep on digging up 4-5 year old topics, I'm just going to ban you, It will save me the time of locking everything you've been posting in.

Status
Not open for further replies.