What's new

Star Trek - The New Film!

kimahri

CF Legend
Aaaw yeah.

Just been to see Start Trek.

I liked it personally. It was enjoyable and no over the top technobabble and uh, it was enjoyable :|.

A

Anonymous

Having never seen a Star Trek episode in my life, I saw the film on Wednesday.

I thought it was great; accessible for a newcomer yet obviously welcoming fans of the series also.

The space scenes really look incredible.
Good really, as that's most of the film.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Never seen Star Trek, hate it's guts, but saw the film, and it is absolutely amazing, I really enjoyed it, but I thought the best bit was the start.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Blaze said:
Never seen Star Trek, hate it's guts

? Oh gawd.. what is it with these comments that just dont make sense?

How can you "hate" something which you admit to never seeing?

*Sigh*

Anyway - back to the movie.. thought it was very "meh". I *tried* to switch off my brain - REALLY i did.. but i just spotted every plot twist a mile off. I was sat there in the cinema with my mate going "uhu - scotty's going to be just around the corner".. etc etc..

Philthy

Roller Poster
Well ive always been a trekkie fan of all series & films & dont consider myself to be a nerd goon etc. Karen & myself went to see the new film the other day & although i enjoyed the film I thought it was a backward step not just in time but it was back to the same dumbed down simple star trek of kirk era. I like Kirk era but the plots are more interesting on next gen etc. Having said that i thought the actors were spot on but the camera work was shaky! I would reccomend it & give it 8/10 :) My favorite Star Trek film is First Contact.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
The best part of this film was the beastie chase, obviously. The rest of it was alright, but not amazing like Lain said it would be.