Haha, I'll make the 9th! ;)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Spinning out of Control - NL2 Comp!

Maybe... :lol:

I kinda underestimated how long it was going to take me to finish. I can have a track to you by the end of Sunday for sure. :D

tomahawk

Strata Poster

I finished support and track last night, still have those bonus points to hit. Plus I'm gone all weekend so I won't look at them til monday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

I've finished the track so you technically have an entry from me. I'll do the supports later on today and may have a second attempt at tackling the terrain.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Just sent mine in.

Not my best work, but I think I was a little too ambitious this round.

I look forward to seeing the rest!

jay37415

Mega Poster

I have had to work a long day today. I will get mine in when I make it home tonight.

Snow

Roller Poster

I got next to nothing done on my track over the weekend, but I'm working on finishing it now and should have it completed and sent by the end of the night.

Edit: submitted

tomahawk

Strata Poster

I received all entries, I have yet to load them, and probably won't get to until Wednesday night tbh as tomorrow is my anniversary so I have better things to do than rank coasters. Now if I get some extra time, I will get the file out for voting, but don't expect til late Wed night.

jay37415

Mega Poster

How many entries were there? It looked like there are 5 but I could only get 4 to open. Did anyone else notice this.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^I did have the same problem. I've edited Tom's link - should all work now. There should be five tracks by my count.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Just got them all and I'll finish it up and have rankings up by the morning.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

The results are in!

5. Heatwave by Snow 11.75

This had a lot of potential, but some of the elements were way too snappy for a spinner

4. Tornado by Pink Panther 12.13

Straight lifts! Again, this one had potential, felt like a more realistic layout, but just lacked in execution with banking issues.

3*. Mine #13 by Jay 16.38

The amount of work put into this one was incredible. However, it was missing something. The coaster felt lacking, especially the beginning, pre building section. The slow lean tracks didn't have the desired effect. Great job though! The score did tie with Hixee, but based off judge scoring, Hixee got tie breaker.

2*. Gizmo by Hixee 16.38

My personal favorite of all entries and the best idea to hit the bonus for track length. Only issue was pacing. It was too slow in many spots, and that prevented it from being an easy #1 in my book

1. Krakatoa by Tomahawk 18.75

How I've won two in a row baffles me. Yet I did. Yay me?

Next round will be back at the park from round one! Stay tuned this week for details!

Scorecard

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Great! Thanks again Tom! Don't be so hard on yourself, your tracks really aren't as bad as you think they are! :lol:

A general comment on this round (I think we were all guilt of it) - well done for thinking outside the box a little, that's what really makes tracks stand out, but make sure the trackwork matches the quality of the ideas! :p

I really liked the "hidden" section of Heatwave, meant most of the first half of the coaster was a complete surprise as it was hidden from view from the station and lift. I liked the sweeping terrain on Tornado, and I though Mine Number 13 was a very unique entry. Unfortunately, I think we all lacked the final polish that would have made these all excellent coasters!

Good work guys, thanks for taking part! Hopefully we can get some more entrants for the next round, as it's going to be a good one! :D

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

The creativity this round was so high. I thought Krakatow was great all round, nothing I could really fault. My mind was blown when I saw Gizmo - reminds me of radiator springs racers and means for great rerideability. One of the problems was it was tricky to pull off and soemtimes it showed. I wasn't sure what to score to give for creativity for Mine #13. I really loved the area of land you created, it felt quite ghostly, but I thought the creativity of the layout inside wasn't there. Heatwave was very interesting and the elements were great in theory, but it wasn't smooth and the transitions were too tight and overall felt a bit too extreme (especially for a spinner).

I should've come last :p I kept on putting this off to the point where I thought I wasn't going to participate, but I'm sort of happy with the track I made. I went for something a bit more manageable and realistic and tried to have a variety of elements that would make the cars spin. It was clearly a bit rushed though. I've also discovered the weather tool :p

Thank you everyone.

Snow

Roller Poster

Despite coming in last place, I feel honored to have my ride at least be the favorite of someone. :D This was a good learning experience for me, because in shaping the elements I only really took into account the G-forces, and didn't pay attention to how the elements and transitions would be like in a real spinner coaster. My trackwork is probably more akin to something like a speedy Intamin coaster than a spinner, and looking back some of the banking is a little wacky. Good thing I'll know to avoid this mistake in the next round though!

Great job to everyone else, the rides were all unique and fun. Can't wait until the next competition is up.

jay37415

Mega Poster

This was a challenging comp. It appears that all of us ran into the same problems in creating a spinning coaster within the borders. All were close in my opinion.

and yes! I put a ridiculous amount of hours in my project. To a point I was burned out on it and lost creative energy towards the end.

can't wait till next project... everyone is improving with each comp.