Spiders... to kill or not to kill!

When I see a spider in my house...

• I kill it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I leave it alone.

• Pick it up and put it ouside.

• Comedy option for twats: I cover it in mayo and let it crawl around my private parts.

• Total voters

CoasterMan90210

Roller Poster
I used to be the big humanitarian and take them and put them outside. Since I got a basement bedroom and have had them more than once spin down onto my vacant pillow inches from my head, I KILL. I'm thinking about making some sort of spider scarecrow, whatever it takes.

A

Anonymous

Eugh Joey that's hideous! If I saw one of those things I'd freak out.

I have to kill them if I see them unfortunately. They just make me feel so uneasy and uncomfortable, I couldn't relax knowing one is in my presence. It's usually a few tissues and a quick death but sometimes if they are in awkward positions I have to put it in a glass and take it outside, but then I usually end up stamping on it anyway after taking it half way down the road!

A

Anonymous

It depends in what mood I'm in.

If I'm irritable, I kill them. Most of the time, I trap them in a plastic cup and flush them down the toilet. :)

Otherwise, I trap them in a plastic cup and let them be outside.

the_missus

Mega Poster
Ian said:
I jumped out of bed and threw my book at it to kill it.

However, I threw like a girl and missed. The spider scuttled away down the side of the bed.

I find your manliness so sexy, grrrr!!!!

Small spider gets squashed.

Big spider also gets squashed just with something larger and that doesn't belong to me!

Rush

Giga Poster
Necropost!

I had a conflict with a 'moderately large' spider last night.

As I was getting into bed I noticed it on the wall so I went to pick it up as I normally do and felt a small prick in my index finger which I think was the spider retaliating. As a result the spider scuttles down the side of my bed.

Knowing it was there, I did not want to go to sleep with the possibility it might crawl over me in the night or worse. So I took out the drawers from under my bed and got a torch and searched for it. Unfortunately for me, the spider was large enough for me to be uncomfortable with its presence, but small enough to be undetectable.

After 15 minutes of unsuccessful searching, I decided to give up, and listen to my iPod. I told myself I did not want to chase it anymore so I armed myself with a copy of 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix' so if the eight-legged bastard returned, I could annhilate it in one quick strike.

At precisely 11:49pm, the spider was sighted! Despite my previous decision, I quickly grabbed it in my hand and chucked it out the window before it could fight back. Satisfied with maintaining a clear conscience, I finally managed to get a decent night sleep.

That concludes my story. Tell it to your grandchildren!

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
^lmao

Rach said:
When they are running around me living room, I tend to leave them to do whatever they please.

However, when they are in me room running around the ceiling or walls, I grab the nearest cup or another similar object (it's usually deodrant bottle lids) and a peice of paper and attempt to capture it and chuck it out the window. Sometimes they can be dead though by the time I've got them to the window as the lid goes onto some part of their body and kills them.

I'll go for the "pick them up and put them outside" option.

Dont you think it could just be the deodorant smell!? I wonder if that kills them. Just spray em with sum lynx.

I always get them with the hoover, they are ugly and i hate the way they act. I hate spiders and i always, always get them with the dyson! It might not kill them but it gets rid of em for abit. When they come back, whip out the hoover again. Or i get my dad 2 get them with abit of paper.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
Spiders suffer a variety of deaths in my home. In the sink, they are consigned down the plughole, if they are close enough to a window, out they go and if I am in a particularly unfriendly mood, squished in kitchen roll, then flushed.

There is no point in squishing then with a magazine because the make such a mess.