What's new

Speed Hump / Camel Hump query

sparky2u

Mega Poster
"Speed" & "Saw" have the strongest camel humps (as in airtime / pull down) in the country, what other coasters with intense humps are there. :--D

kimahri

CF Legend
I'm not comfortable with talking about getting 'intense humps'. Not that I'm being judgmental or anything, you can like what ever you want.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I think he means airtime hills. I find you can get a bit of airtime on the hill after the launch on Velocity

bmac

Giga Poster
If we're talking ejector airtime then look no further than skyrush and el toro. Rides like Phoenix, Nitro, i305, Apollo's, and Magnum XL-200 also provide some great moments, too.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
bmac said:
If we're talking ejector airtime then look no further than skyrush and el toro. Rides like Phoenix, Nitro, i305, Apollo's, and Magnum XL-200 also provide some great moments, too.

For strong ejector you should add the kennywood Jack Rabbit it to the list.

Shambhala also has some great air time of various strengths if you don't live in the usa

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Waffleman

Mega Poster
I found that Goliath at La Ronde had the best floater airtime I've ever experienced, I don't think I've ever found a coaster so fun, actually.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
sparky2u said:
"Speed" & "Saw" have the strongest camel humps (as in airtime / pull down) in the country, what other coasters with intense humps are there. :--D

I don't think any of the above to be honest, not in the context you mean. G-Force's at Drayton is horrendous too.

For those who haven't been on these, it's not just "airtime", it's a very, very tight hill taken far too fast. Saw's is pretty lame actually (in that it's enjoyable), but Speed's near rips your head off and G-Force's is like being torn apart by two crocodiles after your sweet meats.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I'd have to say Furius Baco just after the launch, that feel of being yanked down is amazing! Same goes to Skyrush.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
El Toro's insane ejector hill made me think I was going to snap in half and the waist. It's seriously strong, especially in the back row. :p

kimahri

CF Legend
I think that hill was too snappy on toro in the morning. Infact everything passed the speed hill on toro wasn't enjoyable. I'm going to guess it's stronger later in the day and thus beyond unpleasent.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
As far as ejector goes, Toro's airtime blew me away.. I had never experienced ejector that strong till I rode it. Skyrush is also excellent, and I305 has its moments, but that ride is really all about the positive G's. Then there are the rides like Fahrenheit and Maverick with the past-90 degree drops, which give some strong ejector as well.

For floatiness, nothing beats the first drop on Griffon. Just a perfect free-fall sensation to start off the ride.. I love it! Nitro and Apollo's Chariot are also quite enjoyably floaty.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I disagree with the beyond 90 degree drops being ejector though. You're not "ejected" from the seat, you simply fall out of it because of the angle of the track. They're ****.

bmac

Giga Poster
falling into the otsrs was a really awkward feeling, moreso than hydra's jo-jo roll.

CoasterfanSWE

Roller Poster
It might not appear like it, but in the rear car of Twister at Gröna Lund there are some incredible airtime on a few humps, especially the one diving under Jetline.