Glasses or Contact Lenses?

• Glasses

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Contact Lenses

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stone Cold

Mega Poster
I don't like either so I only use my glasses when it's necessary. However, after seeing what happened to my mates eyes when he tried using contacts, I think they'd need a technological improvement before I'd consider wearing them - by that time, laser surgery will probably be safe.

Emmmerrrr

Mega Poster
I wear glasses all the time because I'm short sighted and I love them. :D
Though I've never tried contact lenses I think they would bother me and be rather uncomfortable.

Karen

Hyper Poster
Ok I have worn glasses since the age of about 10 and after about 21 years of them and contacts on and off from about the age of 16, I had laser eye surgery in February and wow! I'm still getting over the wow factor of it all! Still doing so many firsts without glasses/contacts but also still going to put my glasses on in the morn or take them off to put on a tight necked top of to apply face cream tehe.

Glasses were my main do but I loved going out in my contacts and using them for theme Parks. Though I went through a few years where I couldn't then wouldn't wear contacts as I tried out the ones you could keep in and sleep in! Welllllllll, they stuck sooo bad to my eye that on removing after a good 20mins plus of trying, I mildly stretched the top layer of the eye causing a very small bubble!

No severe damage, just it took about 3 years to totally bog off! The daily disposables were a god send after all the cleaning, tablets, solutions of yearly ones that I had at the early age of 16-19ish. Then I had Katie and didn't much see the need for them to be a mummy at home, so glasses it was till about 2 years ago when I went on the disposable and got on with well but my eyes have got dry over the years (contreceptive pills fault!) So I could only wear indoors for a few hours but wasn't too bad outside as long as I put in drops every 6hrsish.

I have always disliked the goggles, contacts were great before the dry eye, Glasses then annoyed me more so lasers woohoo! So out of the two it has to be contacts.

God that was long winded! you can wake up now tehe.

Oh P.S. I have never had an eye infection from the contacts which I know is another worry besides the eye touching thing.

JonSev

Roller Poster
I still dont understand why people fuss over feeling contacts in their eyes.

Because you dont.

Or at least, if you get good ones you dont.

Karen

Hyper Poster
JonSev said:
I still dont understand why people fuss over feeling contacts in their eyes.

Because you dont.

Or at least, if you get good ones you dont.

Erm not 100% true I feel.

I had minimal discomfort probs till I started to suffer with dry eyes and then even the good daily ones got uncomfortable. Also its not nice when you get something like an eyelash stuck between eye and lense! What about the days when the contact just won't "stick" to your eye and your eye can get sore from trying? Smokey atmospheres? Drying out from staring too much at a tv, pc or on cetain rides like Duel at alton Towers when Mark's contact fell out due to dryness from aiming at those darn lights!

It's a very lucky person that has no discomfort at all.

Then there is also the discomfort when you but them in inside out...

Mark

Strata Poster
Ah yes, the darn inside out job. That really is irritating.

For some reason, I find that if i'm concentrating with my eyes for extended periods it can dry them out and its dead uncomfortable, that's if they stay in.

JonSev

Roller Poster
Really?

I had minor (very minor) problems with my first set. Like...it started out fine but I felt that it dried out too early (mind you...this is after 17 hours when Im only supposed to have it in for...14?) so I asked for new ones.

These are great. I dont feel them at all...and last all day. Biomedics XC or something like that. But yeah...I basically stare at a computer or tv screen most of the day and Im fine.

My only problem with inside-out is that it moves when I blink. Which is a clear indication that I put them inside out. So I usually catch it before I leave the house.

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
Contacts all day, I only wear my glasses early in the morning or when I'm about to go to bed. They keep sliding down my nose and I get a bit OCDish about tiny flecks of dust all over the lenses, so I'm always cleaning them. Can't wear them for sport, they steam up sometimes, you can't see a damn thing in the rain and they're not the best for going out to the pub in.

Never had any discomfort with contacts, thy're ace!

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I'll stick to my glasses. I don't like the idea of poking anything into my eye, and glasses haven't so far been much of an inconvenience for me. Admittedly I don't wear them all the time though, so contact lenses probably wouldn't really be worth it either.

If it came down to it I would definately pick contact lenses.

For me, I havn't had the misfortune of my eyesight going bad, however if I ever my eyesight ever does go bad, I don't want to wear glasses as I'll look like more of a nerd than I am, and whether they're trendy glasses or not, they won't suit me either way.

Contacts.

A

Anonymous

Glasses as contacts make me cringe and glasses come in mad designs!! :)

Tony

Hyper Poster
I really want contacts but I have glasses. I only use them for watching tv so I guess I dont really need contacts.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
I don't need them, But if I did need them I'd pick contacts to disguise the fact that I have eye problems. My sister wears contacts, But she's getting Laser Eye surgery.