Glasses or Contact Lenses?

• Glasses

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Contact Lenses

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Richie

Hyper Poster
What do you prefer out of contact lenses or glasses?

At the moment I'm starting to need to use my glasses more and more often. That's why I'm getting contact lenses soon because I hate wearing glasses in lessons to see the board etc. :D

I like lenses better. What about you?

Also if your eyes are fine just image that you had to start wearing glasses/contacts all the time. Which would you go for?

Ben

CF Legend
I could never touch my eyes like that, and love my glasses.

Plus, glasses are FIT. Contacts aren't.

Mike

Giga Poster
Contacts are horrible, for the same reason Ben stated above.

Touching your eye and shoving a bit of glass/whateveritis stuff in there cannot be good for your eye, seriously.

Glasses for the win.

Richie

Hyper Poster
Matt said:
Contacts! Honestly couldn't live without them. I look a spack in glasses.
Just a quick question. I was wondering if they are likely to come out on rides and stuff? I'm guessing you've had experience wearing contact lenses at parks and I was just wondering if they're fine on them all?

I'm unsure if they would come out or not especially on something like Stealth/Rita.

Thanks in advance!

A

Anonymous

I prefer contacts, so much better than using my glasses, hardly used my glasses since I got contacts. I was forever losing my glasses and hated wearing them, just annoyed me all the time having them on so hardly used them. Now I have contacts I wear them all the time for distance, and I'm amazed at how much more I can actually see!!! Hahaha! Didn't realise my eyes were as bad till I started using my lenses every day. Only crap thing about contacts is the price of them, but can't have everything good!

^ I've worn mine on loads of rides and they have been fine, I even wore them when I went on the reverse bungee at M&D's a few weeks ago and they stayed in fine.

Matt

Roller Poster
No problems at all. Although I would take eyedrops if you're planning on using more than one day lenses as these can get a tad dry. But i'd advise doing that wherever you go, not just a theme park.

A

Anonymous

I started off using 1 day Acuvue but they dried my eyes out somethign awful, could only keep them in a few hours then had to take them out because I was stratching my eyeballs out with them, so I changed to 1 day Acuvue Moist which are meant to stop your eyes drying out somehow. I find they are 10 times better, can get up at 6am for work, put them in, then take them out at 10-11pm before I go to bed and never have any problems with them now. Doesnt matter what I've been doing, coaster riding, working, just a random day out, they are always fine now.

Matt

Roller Poster
In contrary, I use 1 day acuvue and they are absolutely fine. Maybe its just my younger, healthier eyes :p

Sky

Mega Poster
Definitely contacts for me. I hated how I looked when I had glasses, so when I got contacts, it actually dramatically changed how I felt about myself.

Plus, they're just easier. It was really annoying to look to the side and everything be blurry again. With contacts there's no issues with that.

Snoo

The Legend
I don't have vision problems, but if I did, contacts would be the way for me.

Yes, spite me and my perfect vision. :)

JonSev

Roller Poster
Can I say I love them both? Contacts for most of the time, but some days I just feel like wearing my glasses. And my glasses are hot.

Although latley I havent been wearing my glasses much because its starting to exentuate the fact that my eyes arent completely straight. Then again, its been getting really bad recently eitehr because I read too much too close, or IVe been wearing my contacts to sleep too often. Its getting back to normal now, so its all good.

Rach

Giga Poster
If i had to have glasses of some sort, i would prefer to have contacts.

Although one of my friends does have a problem with her contacts, that kind of puts me off them.

Perfect vision is the best though :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Depends soley on the situation.

I started to need glasses when I was your age, Richie, and I also didn't like wearing them.

If you can get through general life without needing the glasses except for reading the board, then wear glasses just for doing that.

However, you'll find the more you use your glasses, the more you'll like seeing perfectly and you'll end up wearing them full time.

If it gets to that stage and you dislike wearing glasses, either for vanity or other reasons, then use contacts.

Nowadays I wear my glasses most of the time and contacts when I don't want to be seen in glasses. It's helpful having glasses that react to the sun!

A

Anonymous

I'm too vain for specs unless they're for class or reading only. They make me look like a lesbian... moreso than anybody can poke fun at without the damn things.

Lenses please.

Will

Strata Poster
I like my glasses, couldn't imagine being without them, even if they are occasionally annoying, but I can see I'll be in the minority here :)

Nicky

Hyper Poster
I started needing glasses when I was in year 9 and my eyes have got worse every year on cue for going back to the opticians. I like having my glasses but it is getting to the point where I have to wear them more often. There isn't the stigma that there used to be with wearing glasses. More and more people in my year are needing to wear glasses to see the board mainly. Never tried contacts and they aren't something that appeals to me, watching my two friends have problems with theirs hasn't helped.

Ollie

CF Legend
SnooSnoo said:
Yes, spite me and my perfect vision. :)
Join the club :lol:
Im not sure what to I would do. I dont like the idea of putting on contacts,
But then I dont want to look like an arse wearing glasses. :roll: