What's new

Something has sprouted from the Mack Track Plant

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Credit to Screamscape
pa314810.jpg

Mack has gone B&M on us, and released some pictures of a mystery, yellow track.
So this is apparently track for a Blue Fire-style coaster. The bright colours suggest it's not going to Alton, but I don't have a clue on its destination apart from that.

http://www.mack-rides.com/lang-en/c231/default.html
Here is Mack's own page on Launch coasters. The top layout is Blue Fire's. The second one is apparently a new layout, which looks more like a family ride, given the stats. However, I don't think this track is for such a coaster. The Tri-track shown in the above picture makes me think this track is not for a family ride, so perhaps we'll see a new, custom launch coaster coming from Mack next year? The other alternative is a Blue Fire clone. Only question is, where?

A

Anonymous

^ Mack have used tri-track in the past on some of their power coasters, so it can be anything, but I really hope that it's something in the lines along blue fire since it's awesome!!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Lol, why would it be going to Alton anyway?

And by looking at that blokes hair & tash, I'd say that pics was took in the 80's.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^Because if I didn't discount it immediately, someone would have suggested that it's for the "secret underground section" of SW6.

But you might be right on that other point of yours. Do anyone know about a yellow Mack coaster using tri-rails? There's a possibility that this is years old...

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Martyn B said:
And by looking at that blokes hair & tash, I'd say that pics was took in the 80's.

Nah, thats just how ALOT of german men look :p

I hope this is for a new blue fire-esk coaster, seeing as its amazing.

tks

Strata Poster
Pokemaniac said:
^Because if I didn't discount it immediately, someone would have suggested that it's for the "secret underground section" of SW6.

Dispite the fact that Intamin are building SW6.. :roll:

Emmett

Giga Poster
Martyn B said:

:lol:, thats what I was thinking but the clothing on the guy on the left look a bit more modern.

It could also be a primer which is applied before the final paint job.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Pokemaniac said:
Do anyone know about a yellow Mack coaster using tri-rails?

A quick google search just brings up this topic. So possibly this is new. The clothes of the man on the left are modern, and as has been said, this is Germany.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'll agree with those who think that it's not new. The yellow doesn't look like a color that a park would choose for a coaster. My guess is that it's a primer, and that the track is actually Blue Fire while being manufactured.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
rollerdude said:
I'll agree with those who think that it's not new. The yellow doesn't look like a color that a park would choose for a coaster. My guess is that it's a primer, and that the track is actually Blue Fire while being manufactured.

My post may have been lost at the bottom of the page, so I'll repeat:

Look at the picture. There are three pieces of tri-rail track visible. Two are yellow, one is grey. I've seen yellow primer and grey primer. At least one of these pieces is it's final paint color.

So... Either there's a new grey coaster in the works or a yellow one.

Finally, see also:
http://www.rcdb.com/492.htm?p=439

For another possibility.

andrus

Giga Poster
This seems very interesting! Anybody know of a park that's supposed o build a new coaster next year but still haven't announced the manufacturer/model yet? The only park I can think of is Port Aventura who is supposed to build a new ride to celebrate their 15th anniversary next year, but since they got both an accelerator and a mega looper I doubt this Blue Fire "clone" is going there...